1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Mysticism Buff

Discussion in 'UHall' started by curlybeard, Feb 19, 2010.

1. curlybeard

curlybeard Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

For the mysticism buff mentioned in Cal's letter, I was wondering what everyone wanted to see. The focus change was great, but what else does the skill need?

3 changes I'd like to see:

1) Mystics able to use mage weapons using the mysticism skill.

2) Faster casting - ideally make the spells have a quicker base cast time, or at least be able to use 4/6 FC/FCR vs. the current 2/6

3) a recall/sacred journey type spell

Pairing focus with mysticism made the skill interesting, but it still needs a little something to make it useful :)

2. I use mysticism and the one thing i don't like is animated weapon using anat and tactics for its strength. Don't know how many people would have anat,tactics,mysticism,focus and then lrc so you don't need reagents.

3. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Buff and Debuff spells, (curse, bless). Ressurection spell and cure spell maybe..

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Keep in mind Mysticism is not supposed to replace magery! If mysticism had all the the things magery has then what would be the point of magery?

I do agree animate weapon should only need anatomy or tactics not both!

5. kinney42

kinney42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I actually just finshed training the skills for an Archer/chiv/myst/anat/tactics/focus/healing character. I will be trying the animate weapon to see what it's like but having a full on Rising Colossus on an archer will rock!
    I have the plan for the suit I am going to imbue, Even made the armor pieces. all 70's, 40 LMC, 100 LRC, Stamina/Mana increase out the Wazoo, 45 HCI, 100 DI and some skill + for focus to get it to 120. Even spell channeling on the bow!

I haven't tried it yet so it might fail bad but I figure it is worth a shot!

6. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mysticism certainly explains the dire straits of the gargoyles in the storyline. The spells do little damage. Take a 50 odd Mysticism, 112 Imbuing skill gargoyle out hunting the monsters around Ter-Mer. It takes a ridiculous number of Eagle Strikes to kill most of the new high hp monsters. How many dozen times can you push a macro key trying to kill one monster before boredom sets in?

Improving the hit rate of Thrown Weapons would be nice as well. My gargoyle has 100 + Magery with Magery items leaving him with 103 skill for his mage-weapon throwing weapon. He misses so much you'd think his skill was 3. A bit of an exaggeration, but not much of one.

7. AzSel

AzSel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Spell to temporarily increase a chosen resistance(cap) by 5?

8. JamezC

JamezC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd just like to see a travel spell like recall or sacred journey. Otherwise i dig it.

- James