1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Update on House of the Week

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by IanJames, Aug 9, 2009.

1. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Just an apology. I've been dealing with some situations in my life and haven't gotten the house of the week up. Rest assured, they are still in the queue and I plan on continuing to present these for the shard.

Special thanks to Patty Pickaxe for the multitude of submissions.

If anyone else has a a submission for house of the week, PM me.

2. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You are doing a fine job... for a hippy. *winks*

3. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

:gun:hahaha

4. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I didn't know the words 'hippy' and 'job' could ever be used in the same sentence.

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

To Ian.. despite the recent posts.. your houses of the week may be based upon submission, but they tend to be skewed towards certain guilds, at least in the 3 weeks seen so far. Do not let this board truck get to you (Read Huck Finn for a definition of Truck, one of my favorite words). Keep an open mind is all I ask, despite the trolling.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Tidied, let's try that again shall we?

Sweeney, have you submitted a house for this series of reports?

7. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I'd have to say no. And you make it very hard to respond when the posts are deleted! Besides you know anything I offer gets trolled, insulted, mocked, and/or the house/item/player/idea gets killed on sight.

PS: I made a bet with Speedy, if he can prove his (deleted) accusations, I'll donate a million gold to NEW. If he can't prove it, I only ask my good name in return.

8. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Bump.. everyone should egg Speedy on to prove his now deleted point, it would be a free million gold to NEW if he did. The way he talked this should be easy gold for NEW. PM him, ICQ him.. let him know I'm calling him out.

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

As I understand it, the houses are submitted via pm. IanJames isn't going to troll in response to a pm. Has it occurred to you that Ian can only choose from the houses submitted?

10. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Ah, my sweet Lady, this thread is no longer about House of the Week, only the insult to my honor.. now deleted, so I appear to be talking to thin air, thanks to a timely post deletion.

11. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

The posts are deleted so the thread may have the opportunity to get back on track. Take it from someone who has taken the lesson... There is no need to respond to every insult or opinion. In other works, stop driving the train through the ditch and get back on the track.

12. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Kat, that is very true.. but as a semi-newbie, Speedy was one of the vets I respected. Then he goes and makes accusations without proof, and I've only seen him in game maybe 10 times in 14 months. It would not bother me if he was accurate.. trust me I would own up to it. But he is spewing nonsense.. this irks me greatly.

13. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I understand. There are things that irk me as well, but more often than not, it isn't worth trudging through the ditch, waist deep in mud. Leave the mud to the bottomdwellers. :)

14. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I don't have guildmembers backing me up.. my reputation is all I have. When an old player insults me, I have no recourse. My honor an my word are all I have. When an old-timer mocks that.. what can I do?

15. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

The internet is full of bullies, liars and ****-stirers. From the safety of their homes, they can say anything they want and usually without repercussion... Certainly not the same repercussions they might face having said such nonsence face to face. Just because something is said or written, doesn't make it true and most of us here know that.

You don't have to prove anything to us, just let your actions and words speak for themselves. Ignore the ****-stirers. Most of the time, that's all they are doing anyway and trust me that their words speak more about them, than they do about you.

And an "old-timer" is hardly going to make or break your rep around here. That part is up to you.

16. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Well my rep is shot here anyway.. (at least I made a mark!) but it's good to know people who don't believe the random crap they hear. Or at least can get over it.

17. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Just remember that todays tabloid will line tomorrows trash can. :thumbsup:

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Who are you calling old? *stares*

Let's steer back to the topic please... IanJames is still accepting PMs if you see an interesting house I believe.

19. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Best quote eva!!!

20. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm really not sure how this turned into what it did. House of the week is done by submission. There is no favoritism, I have not discarded any of the submissions. They are currently being done in the order received with the exception of a few that are all in the same area and those will be alternated in.

If you have one you think should be featured, then you need to submit it via PM or via email to [email protected]

21. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And to Sweeney:

A large number of Gilfane homes were submitted, none of those submissions were by Gilfane members. In fact, I purposefully started the House of the Week series with a home that had no affiliation with Gilfane to avoid any accusation of favoritism. I have also put those Gilfane homes that were submitted into a rotation so that they are not featured in one big clump. Also, for the record, only one Gilfane member has made a submission and it was not for a Gilfane home.

Again, the rules state you can't submit your own home and that rule has been observed quite well by the submitters. This was to ensure fairness.

This is simpy a way for people who have built a really nice home to be recognized by their peers, encourage people to visit parts of the shard they may not have been to and for decorators to get ideas. It's not a contest, and really any home that is submitted will eventually be featured.

In fact, I would really appreciate any submissions from outside of the Gilfane area, as I'm already familar with those and the best ones have already been submitted anyway.

I'm really quite appalled that anyone would think there is any favoritism involved in this. If there were, I would have done all the Gilfane homes first. The whole notion is just silly.

22. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ian, you don't have to defend yourself. You are doing a great job!! :thumbsup:

23. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way

Yup. Let the mods deal with it. Ian, you just do what you do.

24. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

I'd like to see the houses in 2d as well as KR.....point shown below, my kitty cat doesnt show up good in KR:

2D:

[​IMG]

KR: Have to do it later....but let me tell you, it looks like a deformed kitty.

I think Ian, and this House of the Week idea, are both great! And he's a hippy !!! Woot!!

25. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

The reason I do them in KR is that I can zoom out to get the entire plot in one shot.

I think the one's I took for next week's house were done in SA so let me know how that works out.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!