1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Update to what i call the Situation

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Pendragon, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Pendragon

Pendragon Journeyman

I do not post this update to cause trouble i only post this update to clarify some points. I talked with the wonderful Freja, and was told my idea of putting a vendor for people to buy cheap suits from in the middle of no where, were only people know would not be so successful, secondly Ive sold more higher end suits then lower end.

So the solution i have came up with on my own, no help of the attackers. i came up with a compromise for my situation! this was a 1 sided compromise as it was with myself, I do often talk to myself, but i am currently making stock to supply my house with cheap lrc suits of all types, amongst other items.

to clarify im doing this solely for my own selfish purposes not to better the shard, *rough sarcastic snicker here* but my plan is to sell lrc suits for 15k roughly, and some even cheaper like cloth gargoyle.

As a merchant i will continue to scower the shard buying up everything i think i can resell or enjoy, specifically arianas wares! just need more valorite ingots, I also need helpers please contact me if your interested in sorting armour i craft

my 1 stop shop will soon rule the world of sieges corner in luna, probably only that corner if people can stand the smell of me working so hard crafting.

Uvtha likes this.
  2. Chrysallis

Chrysallis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

*hands Pendragon a bucket of ice cold water* Ye may need this to get the swelling out of your head. ..so you can make it out the door. Me being the helpful person I am, I would hate to see you get stuck in there...* cackles and blows raspberries*

Hattori Hanzo and kelmo like this.
  3. Hattori Hanzo

Hattori Hanzo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni TnT/TnA

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm raspberries.

4. Hattori Hanzo

Oh, that kind of raspberry. Nevermind.

5. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

oh she said raspberries, bo stopped reading the word before it......

6. Troop

Troop Sage
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Sell purple shoes. I'm not seeing enough people wearing purple shoes on Siege. Remember, purple shoes keep you happy. :)

7. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

Silly troop, purple shoes are for kids. :p

Hattori Hanzo likes this.
  8. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My two cents. My guess is that most new players to the shard snoop in Luna 1st out of habit. If it works, great - making a lot of suits wears on you after awhile (no pun intended). Brand new players are hard pressed to come up with a quick 15k anyway. If you see one in Luna, buy em' a cheap suit!

I don't know full background, but I can picture the full range of emotions "Woot!! My vendor is sold out for the prices I listed the items at! Hmmm.. somebody has another vendor? Hey! That's my stuff! You can't do that!!" Thus the vendor war starts... :popcorn:

Other comment just struck me as funny....

The silver farmer griefer: As a silver farmer i will continue to control an area on the shard farming up silver i think i can resell or enjoy
    The PK griefer: As a PK i will continue to kill players on the shard taking everything i think i can resell or enjoy
    The looter griefer: As a looter i will continue to loot players on the shard taking everything i think i can resell or enjoy
    The governor griefer: As a governor i will continue to ask for items on the shard taking everything i think i can leverage or enjoy
    The merchant griefer: As a merchant i will continue to scower the shard buying up everything i think i can resell or enjoy

Disclaimer: All characters examples appearing in the statements above are fictitious. Any resemblance to real UO characters, living, dead, undead, or in a faction is purely coincidental.

As for the shoes, pink should be the color this month!
    http://pinkforoctober.org/

Blaeke and Hattori Hanzo like this.
  9. Victim of Siege

Pink or maybe a nice Red Ochre

10. Hattori Hanzo

So these are happy raspberries?

11. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

What's wrong with purple,* looks down at her purple tight boots*

About helping newbies. We can all do something to help.

1. If a crafter, sell cheap LRC suit and warrior suits with some resist. Yes some non newbies may buy your stuff too but I don't think a lot will resell gm items with makers mark on. Also spellbooks are needed for new players. I believe most newbies can make 15k for a suit or 6-10k for a mage spellbook. Maybe tell them the story about sheeps, wool, spin and loom. Tell them about NEW2

2. If a mage, tamer, fighter, take them on a trip to shame and let them pick some items before you unraw the rest. Tell them about NEW2

3. If old player with enough money, buy them a suit and other basic stuff. Tell them about NEW2

4. If a PK, tell them they are new and you won't loot them this time and tell them about NEW2

5. We can all help with advices in gen chat, check help chat too as trial accounts can't access gen chat.

TheDrAJ likes this.
  12. Victim of Siege

*Bites his Tongue*

13. Victim of Siege

Nothing wrong when you wear them Ma'am :p

14. Chrysallis

Chrysallis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Such a shame and a waste for you to bite your own tongue Vic.....

15. Chrysallis

Chrysallis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Oh there are many kinds of Raspberries Hattori...... I would be happy to explain them to you later if you wish?

16. Victim of Siege

Well, you were not here and . . .

17. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

And this is what goes over most peoples heads these days.

Not everyone have a vendor to make gold. Some have it to offer a service for those who need (not want) the items to get them at a good price. But when someone cleans out those vendors only to sell the items at a higher price, that service is destroyed. What´s the word again? Oh yeah! Greedy.

When someone spends time making full 70s suits with mods (which can be time consuming) to offer those who need them at a good price and someone cleans out that vendor cause they can´t bother making the suits themselves then that service is taken away from that vendor. What´s the word again? Oh yeah! Lazy.

When someone buys suits with another crafter´s name on them and then places those suits on their own vendor and refuses to take them down even though the crafter who made them asked them to cause they don´t want their wares in that mall, that´s very disrespectful and... what´s the word again? Oh yeah! Dishonorable.

When someone is willing to destroy other vendor´s reputation by always keeping them empty and have them lose traffic only to get more traffic to your own vendor mall then only one word comes to mind. What´s the word again? That´s right. Selfish.

When someone says that they´ve heard from "sources" that GIL acts like bullies and controls the pricing on Siege (funny, I know) and they don´t like that GIL does that and then admits that they buy out their vendors to force them to up their prices to the prices they want, you can only shake your head. What´s the word again? Oh yeah! Hypocrite.

But hey! Let´s embrace and support this type of play cuz at least that´s a +1 on Siege. Honorable play is dead anyway...

Blaeke, Barania and startle like this.
  18. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Any source that suggests this - would be a source that deserves zero audience. It is GIL and NEW2 that both promote Siege and sell many items in demand by new (and older) players at very low prices. If only the pricing of everything on Siege were done with the greater community in mind like GIL and NEW2 do with their vendors - more people would be likely to stick around longer...

I don't even know why I bothered to say that. Anyone who's been here for more than a few days soon discovers for themselves the value that GIL and NEW2 add to Siege, and the bargains that can be found on their vendors...

#18 startle, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    Victim of Siege likes this.
  19. Pendragon

Pendragon Journeyman

*sits Back sipping his ice water* thanks to the gracious Chrysallis enjoying the commentary.

20. Chrysallis

Chrysallis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

*grins* always happy to help

21. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

So hes all banana and no raspberries!

22. RueTor

RueTor Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

All this side talk about raspberries and bananas made me want to do a little research via Wikipedia... You can read the details if you like (links provided), but I thought I'd give your the reader's digest version for those that are too busy for the full text. No... I don't make this stuff up....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry
    Raspberries excerpt - "... Raspberries are very vigorous and can be locally invasive. They propagate using basal shoots (also known as suckers), extended underground shoots that develop roots and individual plants. They can sucker new canes some distance from the main plant. For this reason, raspberries spread well, and can take over gardens if left unchecked..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana
    Bananas excerpt - "... Cultivated bananas are parthenocarpic, i.e. the flesh of the fruit swells and ripens without its seeds being fertilized and developing Lacking viable seeds, propagation typically involves farmers removing the and transplanting the part of the underground stem (called a corm). Usually this is done by carefully removing a sucker (a vertical shoot that develops from the base of the banana pseudostem) with some roots intact.

Coincidence?

Morale of the story/post... Don't sweat the details. They were meant to be....
    http://www.food.com/recipe/banana-raspberry-smoothie-204210
    Banana -Raspberry Smoothie
    1 cup raspberries, frozen
    1 banana
    1 cup of yoghurt
    2 cups milk
    2 tablespoons sugar
    A) Put everything in the blender
    B) Blend
    C) Drink and enjoy the energy boost

Regards,
    Rue (Sheldon Cooper) Tor

Bo Bo and Victim of Siege like this.
  23. Chrysallis

Chrysallis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

lol. ...Rue Tor...you really need to get out more hun

24. startle

Yea, Rue Tor.... Get out more... You can start by coming over to my pad - and bring some of that raspberry/bananna concoction with ya.... Bring extra... I'll add the rum... *thinks he'll take some to Liandra later* ;)

After her rescue that is....

#24 startle, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  25. Hattori Hanzo

Do many Raspberry encounters end with cigarette?

26. Victim of Siege

only the best ones . . .

Hattori Hanzo and Blaeke like this.
  27. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

If you have the skills for rolling and use Raspberry flavored papers, every encounter can end with a cigarette! ;)

28. startle

A song comes to mind.... Wondering if any remember it?

Part of it is:
    Anybody?

#28 startle, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  29. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

A young man goes to Paris, as every young man should. There's something in the air of France that does a young man good.

Raspberries, strawberries, the good wines we brew.

Here's to the girls of the countryside, the ones we drink 'em to. Paris nights are warm and fair. The summer winds are soft. A young man finds the face of love in every field and loft. In every field and loft

An old man returns to Paris as ev'ry old man must. He finds the winter winds blow cold. His dreams have turned to dust. His dreams have turned to dust.

Raspberries, strawberries, the good wines we brew. Here's to the girls of the countryside, whom we must bid adieu.

#29 Baby Doll, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013