1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Update: UOAM Black Screen. Solved!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THyRoID99, Oct 3, 2009.

1. THyRoID99

THyRoID99 Guest

UOAM tries to locate your uo directory automatically but having multiple clients (ie: 2d and 3d) confuses it. Point UOAM to your 2d directory and it should solve it.

Steps to install:
    1 Download the zip file here http://www.uoam.net/files.html (Note: I actually had to d/l a more complete zip file from elsewhere so be aware that you might have to search a bit)
    2 Download UOA
    3 Install UOA
    4 Unzip/Install UOAM
    5 Start UOA and UO
    6 Start UOAM but DO NOT UPDATE ANYTHING. If you fail here you have to reinstall the program.
    7 Go to the UOAM Menu "Map" and then "UO Client Data Files Location"
    8 Type or Paste your UO 2d installation folder location. (ie: C:\Games\Ultima Online)
    9 Restart UOAM

2. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

Re: UOAM help: Black Screen.

I'm having the same issue. I'm pretty sure it's because I(we) clicked ok to update UOAM without realizing it would mess up like this. Pretty sure you(we) need to download a non-updated version of UOAM for it to work properly.

4. THyRoID99

THyRoID99 Guest

Re: UOAM help: Black Screen.

Fixed it. UOAM tries to locate your uo directory automatically but having multiple clients (ie: 2d and 3d) confuses it. Point UOAM to your 2d directory and it should solve it.

Steps to install:
    1 Download the zip file here http://www.uoam.net/files.html (Note: I actually had to d/l a more complete zip file from elsewhere so be aware that you might have to search a bit)
    2 Download UOA
    3 Install UOA
    4 Unzip/Install UOAM
    5 Start UOA and UO
    6 Start UOAM but DO NOT UPDATE ANYTHING. If you fail here you have to reinstall the program.
    7 Go to the UOAM Menu "Map" and then "UO Client Data Files Location"
    8 Type or Paste your UO 2d installation folder location. (ie: C:\Games\Ultima Online)
    9 Restart UOAM

5. ejpeters

ejpeters Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

It tells me that I haven't dowloaded the complete ptogram. Is there a work around for that?

I found the problem I think. I just won't upgrade anything because when I do it crashes.