1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Update useless skills

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cazador, Jun 23, 2012.

1. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

make every skill in UO useful...

Camping- an enhancement to cooking 10% bonus to exceptional if done by a GM camp fire

Begging - increase gold payouts instead of 20 make it like 800..give a chance for interesting items random npc's give certain things...have it on a random cycle today the tinker guildmaster in skara has a chance of 1 in 100 for a nice arty drop...would be fun...have them be special and have Permanent Inscription on them I Begged for this...or something.

Forensic Eval - with gm forensic eval you are able to identify the players killer , the ability to destroy a corpse and keep the head marked with name...destroys everything in corpse..if youve killed or have done most of the damage you collect a bounty based on thier karma...so lets say you kill a dread lord you are rewarded with vanquishing a enemy of the guard and are rewarded with 5k gold and a stat buff of +10 in each stat

Item ID - if used on a item it gives a chance to add an additional mod..but if you fail to ID it the item is destroyed maybe a 60% chance of success with gm ID

Herding - when you mix herding and provacation each 33 points of skill you can provoke one additional MOB with one attempt

Taste ID - change the name and be an enhancement to foods and drinks...minus pots 25% longer duration for edible stat affecting items..ie: grapes of wrath all new cooked items

...im real bored just think it'd be cool to make some of these skills useful and worth having

Espilce and Woodsman like this.
  2. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

But then they wouldn't be useless!

Begging doesn't need that much money, it's begging! Also, if you beg the elves or some gargoyle npcs, it'll give you items which are tagged with 'Acquired by Begging'. I would enjoy items coming from human too, though, so long as they give gold half the time.

3. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

the forensics DOES tell you who killed the person when you use it.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Taste Id and Item Id really do need an update....

Yes we could use some sort of something for Camping as well....

The others Begging..... that could use a "refresh" of new things to "acquire" when begging but I'll say this the DEV's do always remember my beggar at Halloween.... which makes him VERY happy.

Forensics is useful if you want to have a 30% reduction in costs to NPC's. Get yourself to Knight of Honesty by knowing just who lost those lost items and return them. However I personally would like to see a bit more out of forensics than just that.

And finally Herding..... I'd like to see more things be "herdable"....... and for Herding to have a bit more "control" over things but... that's just me and I'm going to guess you've never used Herding on a Tamer before. No more wandering around behind a creature to tame it... make it come to you and follow YOU. THAT is what herding is all about. That and having every creature on Ice Island follow you around the island can be fun for a laugh.

5. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I know that lol..just think itd be interesting to get some of these skills involved in some temps a few more options isn't gunna kill us

6. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

First, make it possible to GM Taste ID again; then, combined with GM Cooking, enable chefs with both skills to create their food with additional random buffs useful to other players.

7. Felonious Monk

Stratics Veteran

Didn't camping offer a "safe" log out as if the player logged out inside an Inn.
    There was a msg you feel its safe to........

8. Aerodice

Aerodice Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

In order to make these useless skills viable, I think they would need more perks to merit using 100 skill points on them. Like many skills already in the game, many would need to have a pairing. Some ideas:

Camping + weapon skill = Do more damage to animals and take less damage from animals. Use of different kinds of kindling to create an area of effect depending on the wood used (3x3 tile). The amount of fires a player can have at one time depends on their camping skill (Let's say 4 fires max for now). The duration depends on the camping skill of the person who made the fire and how many people are using it. Think if it along the lines of a healing stone, where the fire has a pool of "points" which gradually tick down to 0 at a different rate, depending on different factors.

- Regular wood: Creates a safe spot where players can log out safely, cannot be attacked and cannot attack in return (Think gargoyle flight paths).
    - Bloodwood: Periodically heals players who are within range.
    - Frostwood: Cold damages to enemies that are within range.

Animal Taming + Herding = Bonus to pack instincts, access to new kinds of pack animals, healing one animal in the pack spreads to all pack animals.
    Cooking + taste id = Enhancements to cooking. Able to make new items, some of which only available for use with taste id (required in template).
    Alchemy + taste id = Enhancements to alchemy. Able to make new items, some of which only available for use with taste id (required in template).
    Forensic Eval + Anatomy = Can study corpses of slain monsters to gain the temporary use of their abilities (Succubus life drain for example).
    Remove trap + detect hidden = Trap mastery. Allows you to detect and remove traps as well as place your own. Situational uses to help secure areas and to outsmart the enemy.

Espilce likes this.
  9. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I think herding added to a tamer template should increase stable slots. Also, A tamer with herding should be able to herd without certain creatures aggro'ing on the herder (while being herded).

10. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

herding isn't useless.... ;)

11. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

One nice move would be to make some of these skills not count against the stat cap, or count for less a la the weighted skill tree system idea from the past. Most of the "useless" skills are supplimenty to other skills, Taste ID to cooking, Item ID/Arms Lore to crafting, Forensics to...uhm...Honesty.

Sad thing is, I have all these skills (including camping) GMed and on stones... :gee:

12. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

Especially if the character has stealth...

Muhahaha....Muhahahahahahahaha! :devil:

Petra Fyde, Samaira, NuSair and 2 others like this.