1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Update

Discussion in 'FINAL FANTASY XI General Discussion' started by jubbincake, Dec 16, 2008.

1. jubbincake

jubbincake Guest

Does the update seriously take 7 and a half hours? Is there some way around this slow and long download?

2. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Update as in you installed from scratch and are updating to today? Yeah, it could take that long. I don't know of a way to get it quicker.

3. jubbincake

jubbincake Guest

What do you mean installed from scratch?

4. Trish

Trish Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you bought FFXI's 2008 collection, your download shouldn't be too substantial. If your version is older than that, yeah you could push 7 hours, especially if you're on a PS2.

But if you're not installing from scratch (aka, first install, no updates to this point), it shouldn't take nearly as long.

5. YoungUn

YoungUn Guest

I recently installed the game on a second computer in my house. The game said it would take almost 8 hours for the update, but in reality it only took about 4 and a half. But then, I was downloading it overnight because I knew the update was going to be substantial.
    It took a while, but it's so worth it. :D

6. jubbincake

jubbincake Guest

Error code: POL-12303
    C:ROM/22/76.DAT

Error code:pOL-1164
    Some problems occurred in HDD data.
    Please check installation status

D:ROM/99/57.dat

I'm getting these errors every time i try to patch like 5 minutes in

7. jubbincake

jubbincake Guest

Anyone know? I reinstalled redownloaded and reinstalled again. None of this works... i call them and get put on hold for 2 hours and no one picks up. I'm kind of up against a wall right now. Considering their tech support section on their website sucks major balls.