1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

URGENT- Do not lock down Rubble in New Mag Houses

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Promathia, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Rubble that is locked down just decayed/despawned in my house.....

Lost:
    Half a rubble boat
    2x Rubble Fires
    Half a Display case
    Half a tapestry
    Fire pit

I saved the rest of my rubble. No non rubble items missing - Chessy had just come up from server down.

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

wow, ouch. :(

3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Makes you wish EA had heard of QA. Commiserations.

4. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The City reclaimed it. :lol:

Or took them for unpaid taxes :D

5. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

Thats a darn shame.

6. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

i lost 1 yew table part that was in a secure box (in my magincia house). There were 6 pieces and one is now gone. Also, when i transferred some rubble from the rares fest, I swear I lost some part of a rubble picnic bench.'

Yep, i had 2x 3 piece picnic benches, the middle section on both are gone from my bank box. Weird.

7. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Doing another survey of my museum, looks like a rubble dock piece (Top rope pier piece) is gone as well.

8. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

missing from same sector as mag? or just from anywhere on shard? or just the isle?

looks like their mag cleanup routines grabbed more then just items stuck on the ground but also rubble items from event.

9. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

That's my guess too. Something turned on to remove the remaining stuck rubble and it's affecting regular rubble now. Why my bank box was affected, I don't know.

10. nightstalker22

nightstalker22 Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Well, your bank box was affected because all items are stored in a database, with a few fields designated to naming the location, and x,yz coords.

So, the rubble in your bank might be listed as:

Rubble - Bank Box - Player ID Number - 120 - 34 - 1 - Mag Rubble

That will make the rubble show in your bank box in the same position every time. Unfortunately, the 'Mag Rubble' property seems to be the same as the Mag Rubble on the ground, so when the script they used to clean the ground "DELETE * FROM items WHERE type = 'Mag Rubble'",
    it doesn't discriminate from where the location is, just that it is of proper type.

They should have been more clear in their command, to exclude bank boxes, private houses, and backpacks.

11. viper of flames

viper of flames Journeyman

I have a huge collection of rubble over 400 items and they better not go poof! I don't even want to log in now to check.

12. Jynxx

Jynxx Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter ShadowStorm

Yeah, hilarious. Someone loses hundreds of millions because of a mistake purely on EA's side and you find it funny.

And you're a moderator?

If anything, that's amusing.

13. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Was your character in Magincia? As your bank is stored on your character I believe.

14. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

yah, I think this is correct..... I'm steering clear of that island for now, and I didn't even get a plot there

15. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

Here is the weird thing. I had the rubble on LS in a bank there. Before I transferred, something didn't look right, I usually pair up parts to complete them. I noticed my tables and benches were incomplete but I was moving a lot of stuff around so I didn't think about it.

Transferred and this morning I took another look and I'm missing sections. To be honest, I don't care much except for the one middle yew table part for my bar. I had 6 pieces in a secure crate and today just 5?

I emailed mesanna too. But people should check their bank boxes and any rubble they had stored on magincica.

16. thelma1717

thelma1717 Adventurer

wow that sucks !!! i know how it feels !! i lost a luna vendor house and maxed account!! guy comes back after 5 years says account is his gives old reg code ea gives it back lmao but to bad i didnt use transfer so he got it back lol so i take old 136 month blank house holding account start working it up. then vendor just dissappeard while loading i call gm complain to ea and what do i get NOTHING !! just 753 mill lost on vendor and ea says to bad we are not responsible ??? there end loses me 753 mill i get nada back and they wonder why this game is dying !!! just hard t0 get back into game after losing over ten years of work!!!! i hope you all have better luck !!!!!

17. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I had posted a picture of all the crap Dev's never cleaned up - people just laughed at me. Like IRL.. You bought property that had demolished buildings and debris everywhere, Then you mixed yours in near it?? It's an automated cleanup system. While I'm really sorry for your Permanent loss of items, <opinion ends here>
    Can't you just wait to buy in to the Next Great Thing that's released?

18. viper of flames

viper of flames Journeyman

I checked my house and everything is fine.This must be Mag houses and if this is going on I would give your rubble to someone else to hold until they find the root of this. I wouldn't even leave them in your banks.

19. Deb

Deb Guest

Question...was there a way to test this on TC since it was a backup
    of GL. Did anyone place and maybe deco and not notice or did it not
    go poof there?

20. Gunga_Din

Gunga_Din Guest

Mesanna Emailed me back. She is working on the issue. Patience young skywalkers.

21. Wish I would've known this was an actual issue... I had a piece disappear 3 days ago on Origin.
    Half of my rubble bench was gone, but since the other half was still there, I thought I had accidently unlocked it, but I remember mousing over both pcs to make sure they were locked down. It just didnt click at the time that maybe I wasnt losing my mind.
    *sigh* sorry all.. if I had known this was a problem and not my mistake I would've said something before you guys had a chance to place and deco. =(

22. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lighten up Jr, it was a joke, it's only a game. I myself lost some, so you see me crying over it? And mine was no where near Mag!

After sitting & taking care of my mom for the last 2+ weeks with stage 4 cancer, loosing a few pieces of rubble is the least of my worries.