1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

URL Bans

Discussion in 'UHall' started by drinkbeerallday, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

What a disaster.

If you are going to implement something like this at least put it in the patch message in giant bold lettering.

Why on earth you are banning people for posting URL's in game is beyond me.

Get Customer Service off our backs. THIS IS OUR GAME.

2. Nope. This is EA's game.

3. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I love how people are treating this as if it were something new. That rule has been in for at least six years now, if not longer.

4. deadite

deadite Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend It's My Birthday

We really needed ANOTHER thread about this.

5. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

and EA does not have a clue.. whats your point Connor ???

buuhuu we are the mighty EA , and we own the game , so we can do what we want..... Yeah kinda but if it pisses of all the customers so they leave , you kinda dont own anything thats worth shid now do you....... anyone could own the game ( and anyone could prob do a better job ) but with no customers..... well I think you get the picture .....

Connor m8 you kinda need to get ya head out of EA's heini.....

6. drinkbeerallday

drinkbeerallday Visitor

yeah but they just start banning people out of nowhere for it. totally uncalled for. even Jeremy admits the policy has flaws.

7. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

This refers to the UO Terms of Service, which have been around for a long time. I understand you are trying to make it sound dramatic, but actually the bans hit only those people who use URLs in game which violate the Terms of Service. Like sites that are selling game-items for real money.

And, by the way, those people are not perma-banned. They are banned for 24 hours. It is a fair measure against people who are ruining the game's economy by advertising item-selling sites in-game.

Thank God the days are over, where Luna bank and every moongate was littered with books advertising a certain site selling gold and items for real $.

8. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

There is already a thread on this topic. Please use that thread... And be excellent to one another. *narrows eyes*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.