1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[URPG Stratics] How Lord British is Returning to RPGs

Discussion in 'Ultimate RPG Discussions [Archive]' started by Ultimate RPG News, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Ultimate RPG News

RSS Feed

Aug 4, 2012
    Our good Lord British, Richard Garriot, recently gave an interview to IGN‘s Colin Campbell. During their informative chat, Garriot answered questions about social gaming platforms, the free-to-play/microtransaction model, and the big question everyone surely wants to know: When do we get to play it?!
    Richard: It’s a least a year out. How much beyond a year, that’s hard to say, but it’s definitely more than a year away. I would speculate a year and a half, if I had to put a stake in the ground somewhere. But we don’t have a precise timeline until we get more of the team spun up and you have people working exclusively on the new product.​
    The loyal masses
    patiently await your benevolent gifts, my liege!

Image via IGN

Continue reading...
    Rhiannon likes this.
  2. Coldren

Coldren Sage
    Stratics Veteran

May 13, 2008
    Rhiannon likes this.
  3. H3atmiser

H3atmiser Guest

There's a very interesting tidbit on how RG will be implementing player-housing and avatar control from his Ultimate Collector game; perhaps I should check this game out afterall. :]