1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Usage of Mining Gloves

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by kaldera4, Sep 3, 2009.

1. kaldera4

kaldera4 Guest

My miner is GM. Is it correct, what i heared today. for a GM Miner the gloves are only usefull on smelting and doesent raise any chance in digging up better ore, sand or stones?
    i also heared they could be of use for enhancing? enhancing is blacksmithskill!?:coco:
  2. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 3, 2001
    For the higher ore, the success chance on smelting is singnificantly increased on smelting with +5 mining gloves.
    When those gloves were new, you were able to enhance (apply special material to them) them. Not shure, if that can still be done.
    You will be able to imbue those gloves (apply additional magical properties) in a few days.
  3. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Jul 16, 2003
    1. The amount of colored ore you get is a set percentage chance for the location being dug at (despite dev's claims otherwise), that varies by location, but stays the same even when the ore changes type (only applying to an Iron site when it gets elevated to DC or SI by tools). supposedly the elf bonuses apply to it, or (if wood is any indication) to the amount of digs you get.

2. For DIGGING ore, all the gloves apply for is to determine the TYPES you mine, and if you will succeed in the dig. At 99 skill (real or modified) you can dig all metal types. At 100 skill, you can dig stone and sand, if you've read the books, and will no longer have the chance of "failing" a swing of the tool (bringing up no ore).

3. The chance to SMELT colored ore is 50% at the skill level where you first can mine it, progressing 0.2% per 0.1 skill gained. So, any skill amount that raises you is better for smelting.

4. When Smiths RECYCLE/SALVAGE smith-type items, the ingots returned is 0.66% times the MINING skill, rounding down. Most items give their highest metal return at 101.1 or higher skill (101.0 is JUST under 2/3, so the leather gloves won't cut it). So having that extra bonus is especially when recycling/ You also get an extra ingot back per item when using a Salvage Bag to recycle smith items.

5. And, yes, you can enhance them. I look forward to the possibility of imbuing them as well.
  4. Odins

Odins Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Jan 29, 2009

Just wanted to put in, that I have enhanced one of my +5 mining gloves with gold, giving them 40 luck. Don't think it help much (or at all), but it's nice to do

Best regards

5. kaldera4

kaldera4 Guest

gold/luck doesent help at all.
    but it seems beeing 100 or 105 mining makes a difference. after 3 days of mining 2 hours a day) both ways my result is:
    (i am elf addet stone to my choice and i am mining in fel the numbers are ORE! not ingots!)

mining skill 100: (rounded)
    iron 32500
    dull 4800
    shadow 1200
    copper 3500
    bronze 5300
    gold 900
    agapite 50 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    verite 75 !!!!!!!!!!
    valorie 0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mining skill 105: (rounded)
    iron 28300