1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

User Interface - Crowdsourcing

Discussion in 'Project Gorgon: Ask the Devs' started by ErasmusPrime, Aug 28, 2014.

1. ErasmusPrime

ErasmusPrime Visitor

Aug 11, 2014

In general, I think the best plan regarding the UI would be to create it in such a way as to make it as easy and flexible as possible for the community to step in and mod/customize it. In general people love modability and while this is very limited in the overall scheme of MMORPGs the UI is an area rife with possibility.

In your continued development of the UI I would strongly encourage you to design the foundation and underlying system for the UI in a way as to facilitate modding as much as possible.

I don't know if there are any new systems but I know that original EverQuest used an XML system and that this resulted in a huge range of interface designs and fairly substantial websites being created specifically to cater to UI developers.

What are the current thoughts about this?
  2. eggsalicious

eggsalicious Adventurer

Aug 28, 2014
    I like the current minimalism a lot, and I hope they don't add too much to the default UI. The collapseable windows (e.g. map) are nice, but the current CD timers need to..um...show actual information. Group window needs work and an assist/target through function would be nice. I'm sure player buffs/debuffs are coming eventually.

Although this is only tangentally related, I really hope they change the target reticle to something less intrusive.

Neon Espresso likes this.
  3. Brandon Lamb

Brandon Lamb Visitor

Oct 26, 2014
    Agree with @eggsalicious on cooldown timers. I submitted the same suggestion. Ground reticule target would be great. Also was hoping for the same thing in regards to UI modding.