1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Using EC with UO Cartographer

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Night Shift, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Night Shift

Night Shift Visitor

Is anyone out there aware of a way to use UOC with EC without Pincos? Pincos is way too laggy. Does anyone have a link to the Copper Enhanced Mod that works?

2. Metal Head

Metal Head Seasoned Veteran

Man if you figure it out please let me know heh

3. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

This is hardcoded into Pinco's.

I took half the hour to make a standalone mod out of it, so it can be used without Pinco's. See the attached zip file.

To install you need to drop the "Mods" folder contained in the zipfile into your default UI directory, i.e. "..\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\Default\Mods\UOCartographerMod\..". If there is no "Default" folder under "UserInterfaces", unzip the "Default.zip" that is there as well.

Tell me if it works :)

Unfortunately it's exactly things like that, that make Pinco's laggy. Both Pinco's and this mod basically write the player position to a log file ("logs/pos.log") every time your position changes. Thus resulting in relatively slow disk accesses multiple times a second. Should be no issue on modern PCs for itself, but things add up somewhere :rolleyes:

UOC then reads this file ..

Attached Files:

Mervyn, startle and Storm like this.
  4. Caelyr

Caelyr Adventurer

Thank you! Until now, I was unable to get UOC to work on my current setup with Enhanced Client, as Pinco's refuses to install under Wine. Your files work flawlessly so far. UOC will still grind to a halt when compiled from EC maps, however.

petemage likes this.
  5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Maybe you could add this to the resource area? http://stratics.com/community/resources/ would be a nice addition

6. petemage

Not sure if I can do so, nor am I sure if it should be tagged as tool or or if one should make a install guide. Anybody feel free to add it or share it somehwere else! No big thing, glad i could help ;)

startle likes this.
  7. Metal Head

I dont understand this :( im not very good at computers i dont understand what i have to do :( my pinco's i use works fine with map but glitches every few seconds heh meaning i cant use it, i cant find any other plugins to work with ec so uocartographer will work anyone know please :((

8. petemage

Ok, no worries. What do you not understand? We can go through this step by step.

1) Can you locate your EC directory? (usually under C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss)
    2) Inside there should be another folder called "UserInterface"
    3) Download the UOCartographerMod.zip from above and save it in this directory

How about that far?

startle likes this.
  9. Metal Head

Yes Thats perfect I can see where your comming from okay and i dont need pinco's for this right?
    as i already have pinco's but its too laggy for me to use and the main reason for me to use pinco's is for the uocartographer sorry about this and thankyou for taking your time to help me also i dont have staygen abyss in that option this is what i have let me get a screen shot ill upload it now, would i have to uninstall the old pinco's for this to work?

10. Metal Head

11. Metal Head

12. Metal Head

13. Metal Head

And now im stuck :(

14. petemage

That's a good point to start.

Under "UserInterfaces", extract the "Default" folder by right-clicking on it and selecting "extract all..".

You should now have two "Default" folders. One with the little zipper as before and one as plain folder w/o the zipper.

Go into the folder w/o the zipper and save the UOCartographerMod.zip there. Then extract it there as with the "Default" folder above. There should now be a "Mods" folder among "Fonts", "EA_Context_Menu", etc.

Restart EC and that should be it. Change your UI back to Default when you login and see if it works.

Btw: I can also recommend renaming the extracted "Default" folder to something like "MyCartographerUI" or something, as you might want to be able to use the plain Default UI when needed.

#14 petemage, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    startle likes this.
  15. Metal Head

Okay i see what you mean but when i rightclick then extract this is what im getting and its not letting me do it
    upload_2014-4-28_13-10-18.png

Attached Files:

16. petemage

Would have been to easy i guess :rolleyes: Try changing the text in the box left to the browse button from "..\Default" to "..\UOCartographerUI". Then it should extract. Extract the mod then in this UOCartographerUI directory.

17. Metal Head

nope hehe same thing again when trying to change it but if i delete the ''default'' at the end it lets me i then get this upload_2014-4-28_19-59-35.png

Attached Files:

18. petemage

Ok, i figured its way easier. Delete all the files except for the two folders with the zippers (as it was before).

Create a new empty Folder inside UserInterfaces, call it whatever you want, like "UOCartographerUI".

Unzip the UOCartographer.zip inside this folder as you did the Default in your last post.

It should be like "...\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\UserInterface\UOCartographerUI\Mods\UOCartographerMod\..." and you should be able to select this as an UI when you log in.

Ludes and Metal Head like this.
  19. Metal Head

You my man are an absolute legend! i cant thank you enough this works perfect without pinco's and i dont have the pinco's lagg :D you deserve a medal man thats some brainy stuff hehe ty ty ty ty tyvm!!!!

#19 Metal Head, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
    petemage, Ludes and DJAd like this.
  20. Night Shift

Night Shift Visitor

Wow I need to check this more often. Look what I started. I actually heard about the stand alone mod today from my frienemy Pop Tarts on Pacific. Installed it and now I'm stylin' and profilin' in map w/o using pinco's laggy ass UI. Thanks a lot petemage!

21. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

... or you could just use AutoMap :)

22. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Auto map works with Both clients?

23. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

WHY OH WHY OH WHY, MUST WE AGAIN HAVE TO HACK UIs to get our S*** to work?
    This should just be with the default UI.