1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Using Mastery to 120 Taming

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by codemonkey84, Oct 27, 2015.

1. codemonkey84

codemonkey84 Adventurer

So I'm just finishing up getting taming to 120 (currently 118.6). The reason I'm writing this is because I got there using the new mastery combat training.

I started using the mastery from 106 and gained very rapidly, for taming over the next several days. In comparison I would gain .2 or .3 every hour taming creatures. With using the mastery on a macro I would gain a full point every hour or two...Right now using a crystal ball it say it's very easy so i'm hoping to hit at least 119.5 with this.

Setup:
    Enhanced Client
    1 pet
    gm focus/med
    30 mana regen suit
    150 int
    Really high mana (I was at 236)

Use the actions to "store default pet 1"

Here's the steps on how to create the macro I used
    1. Target Default Pet 1 (under acttions / pet targeting)
    2. Use "Combat Training" (In mastery book achieved after completing mastery quest)
    3. Wait for Target (under actions)
    4. Cursor Target Current (under actions)
    5. Delay 1 second
    5. Repeat steps 2 thru 5 until meditation becomes optimal difficulty(for me it was around 90 mana or 8 uses of combat training)
    6. Use Meditation (Grab the button from skills)
    7. Delay 20
    8. Use Meditation (This is to try to ensure all the mana is regened)
    9. Delay 20
    10. Say All stay
    11. Say All follow me
    12. Repeat 2-11 any amount of time
    13. Enable repeating

Each run thru of steps 1-11 Takes about 1 minutes. Which means you have 8 taming attempts in that time. Compare that to regular taming when each taming attempt takes at least 12 seconds or more depending on frequency of available taming targets. You can see why this method works so much faster....

I hope this helps someone out as much as it has helped me....

2. Odin of LS

Odin of LS Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I just got a gain activating the whispering ability (110+ real taming skill) training a greater dragon using the level 2 mastery, so any new ways to speed up taming gains is a plus in my book!

3. codemonkey84

codemonkey84 Adventurer

I went from 107 to 119.5 (kept a 0.5 taming before hand) in a total of maybe 30 hours.... This macro will run by itself for about 15-20 minutes and with similar gear and setup to mine mana should not be an issue.

The problem with the whispering ability is that you can use it once every hour.

The combat mastery checks your taming skill once you select your pet so you don't have to deal with any of the menu choices to gain a skill. Just hit combat mastery, target pet and repeat.

4. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, i ran a macro in EC that cast Combat Training on my pet once every 8 seconds (just enough for me to regen back to full Mana with GM Med+30 MR+40% LMC), 15 times and had it repeat the macro 10 times, so all i had to do was hit the macro button once every 20 mins or so. Went from 105.5 Taming, to 120.0 Taming just sitting in my house doing that.

BeaIank likes this.
  5. BeaIank

BeaIank Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

This is most interesting. I ought to try it on my next tamer. The last one I just bought pinks to 120. This will certainly be much cheaper.