1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Using powerscrolls and skill gain rate

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Is there a link between them? I swear I heard there was at one point, that you'd gain faster at say 98 if you had a 120 cap than you would with the default 100 cap, but I can't find anything about that now.

2. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I cant remember it was anything written or documentet on it, but the gain rate have always seem to been faster if you have higher cap.

3. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Never heard of such a thing.

I know you can gain faster by having lower total skill points but this one was new to me. I would like to see a source as well. :eyes:

4. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Obsidian and Mandrake of DF like this.
  5. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

yeah, if your cap is higher, you gain faster at lower skill levels - you should always eat the powerscroll first before working the skill

6. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Just be careful of skills that provide a success chance increase to other skills. For instance, you don't want over 100 music when trying to train any of the other bardic skills. You can eat the 120 music scroll, just lock it at 100 until your others are trained.

7. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You don't need to lock music at 100 if you are using the Bardic Masteries to train from 90 to 120. Music has no impact on this method and you might as well let it rise as you train Provo/Disco/Peace.

8. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

That's what I'm training actually. Except using cus at 90 instead of the masteries, I didn't seem to be getting any gains from them.

9. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

If you are training using the old school methods (see the Bard profession forum) then yes, you need to lock music at 100. I don't think your gain rate for Provo, Disco, or Peace change whether you are scrolled to 120 or at a lesser skill cap.

10. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah I have it locked at GM still, thanks.