1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Using Quest Items to be Unlootable...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Itari BC, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Itari BC

Itari BC Guest

There is a new guild on Great Lakes who all use stacks of 6 gold coins marked as quest item so that you can't loot the gold off the corpses. With about 5 stacks of these they stack it in the pack so that when they die their pots are all under the gold on their body and can not be looted. Exploit? And could it be fixed?

2. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Simple solution/fix is to drop quest markings upon death.

Probably a few lines of code.

3. Nfusion

Nfusion Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Clearly an exploit of game mechanics....bannable?? maybe....having a GM actually show up....good luck

4. Sakkarah

Sakkarah UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Anything toggled as quest item should untoggle upon death so they can be looted/moved or remain on the ghost. I would rather they untoggle though because I can see how certain people could abuse that to "freely insure" certain items.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

As much as I hate to say it.

Wouldn't KR be of benefit is this situation, by using the grid mode of containers.

6. Lug

Lug Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

<blockquote><hr>

There is a new guild on Great Lakes who all use stacks of 6 gold coins marked as quest item so that you can't loot the gold off the corpses. With about 5 stacks of these they stack it in the pack so that when they die their pots are all under the gold on their body and can not be looted. Exploit? And could it be fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a couple of guys that use this on Atl. I think the best way (maybe the only way) to deal with this is to take a picture and email it to the support staff. Because by the time a GM shows up, it'll be way to late for the GM to do anything. [​IMG]