1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Using Tailor / Smith to make money?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by In Flamez, Jul 12, 2009.

1. In Flamez

In Flamez Guest

I just returned to UO after a several-year break. Near-empty banks now since most of what I owned went down with my house...

What I do have is a 97 /100 smith and 106 / 120 tailor. Assuming I have no money but am willing to gather my own resources, what kind of options would I have to use this character to start making gold to get back on my feet? Any suggestions?

2. Arien

Arien Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

If you want to make save and easy Money, then you should gain Mining, Lumberjacking both till GM. Gems, Ore & Boards sells always to great prices.
    Right now you could try to sell Tailor / Smith Bods, but to sell Bods you have to be extrem patience.

3. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with Arien, but I would concentrate solely on Mining. Since you've played last, they introduced Special Gems that can be mined. These gems are used in Magic Tinkering and will supposedly be used in SA Imbuing. And ingots themsleves always sell ...

Once you've made a small grubstake, spam in Luna Bank to buy a FireBeetle. These pets are the best thing that to crafter-gatherers in a long time!

4. In Flamez

In Flamez Guest

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it... I'll get to work on that :)

5. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You might make some money selling whatever blackrock you can mine up. Not everyone has a miner and a large stash of blackrock or are getting blackrock drops while doing the TOT event. As someone already mentioned the special gems can usually be sold for a nice profit. You can make some decent money by just doing bod's, and fort powder is easy to get and usually sells well if you price it right.

Also as you might already know, armslore is now usefull on a crafter.

6. In Flamez

In Flamez Guest

Actually it's been so long for me that I did not know Arms Lore helped... I'll look that up... As for BOD's, is there a resource around anywhere that I can look up which BOD's give which rewards? And does it matter where I obtain the BOD from or is the order I recieve random, regardless of who I get it from?

Thanks a lot for taking the time to post btw... Most people would not be eager to give a helping hand the way you guys have :)

7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

8. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Ditto Kellgory - the Tower of Roses website has been an invaluable tool for me since BODs first came out.

Kudos and my thanks to those who created it and maintain it!