1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vacation and fishing quests

Discussion in 'UHall' started by S_S, Jun 9, 2014.

1. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

I will be going on vacation for a week soon and I'm not sure what to do with my ship that I use for fishing quests. Do I get penalized for canceling quests I've already accepted, refusing a new quest or both? I want to take my ship out of the water to make sure it doesn't decay.

2. SashaSeeks

SashaSeeks Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It has been awhile since I have done quests, but if I recall correctly you do not get penalized for refusing a quest, but you could get penalized for canceling one.

3. Silentfury

Silentfury Journeyman

Finish the quests you have accepted. Do not accept new ones. You are not penalized for this. Drydock your ship and you're good as gold.

DJAd and CovenantX like this.
  4. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Yup.. don't ever cancel one but if your going away finish what you have and drydock.. If you can't do that get a friend to refresh your boat every 5 days for ya.. If it's a shard I play on I'll be happy to do that for ya..

5. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

OK, think I got 3 quests to finish up and I won't accept anymore. Thanks a bunch everyone, I wasn't sure how the penalty phase worked.

6. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I never quite understood fishing myself. A friend of mine did very well and received multiple 120 powerscrolls and all that, but I just gave up a few times lol. The thing that still confuses me is how the orders reset, like once you complete a 20 rainbow trout it becomes a 5 rainbow trout the next time, etc etc.

Anyway, I'm just ranting.

7. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

if you don't finish the quests, the game takes your firstborn :)

8. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Sorry to borrow your thread but I have a fishing question too :)
    How hard is to get more 120 scrolls, after you get the first one? I would like to get one for a few guildmembers after I get my own?

9. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

To me it has got very hard. I am not sure how many I have received but probably around 10. But about a year ago, they just quit coming to me, no idea why, have not received one since. I also have never ever got a Oracle for Charybdis and a guild mate who has done less quests than me has received 2. I guess maybe the Gods of RNG hate me.

#9 Parnoc, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  10. pacific cruiser

pacific cruiser Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

well been 120 fisher for long time now and been doing the quest since coming back about 1 week outta the month and for past 3 months coming back I have received 1 105, 1 110, and 2 120's been at 120 for year's. Just keep plugging away at em youll get em.Just don't ever cancel a quest. it messes up things for a long time

FrejaSP and Parnoc like this.
  11. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

If this is on my home shard, I refresh all our guild ships and would be glad to look after and do the same for yours. Contact me if I can help.

12. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Sunk a few boats with quest crates in the hold. Had to quit the quest. Recovering back to all 20s request is nothing. And even in the clear being an active quester the single 20 catch request pops up enough. I don't store catches in my hold. Having to break out the old dragon ship to sail back to the seafare market to buy a new big boat is more embarassing.

13. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Then they must have changed something, took me over 300 quests to get back to all 20's after the game lost my ship with quests in the hold.

14. popps

popps Always Present

Not sure anyone can answer to this but I had problems logging in the game for a couple of weeks (RL sometimes really hits hard...) and my fishing boat with unfinished quests' crates just decayed.

Did this hit my fishing quests reputation with the fishmongers ? In what capacity ?

Thanks !

15. Wenchkin

Wenchkin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Pfft, fish while you're on holiday like any good addict!

(just kidding, I'd just refuse new quests and empty/dry dock the boat when you're all done)

Wenchy

16. Warpig Inc

Stratics Veteran

I have lost three ships. 3-5 quest quit each time. Took more like 20-30 quest completed to stop seeing any less then 20 request. 12 120 fishing PSs. 2 spyglass and 30 chary bait. Most those 120 PS while recovering from ship sinking quit quest. Currently hung up on 5 quest needing 84 Fred Lobster. Running out 68 traps twice and letting soak till nearly half pulled under. Catching 3 Freds making me think about quitting 5 quest. Bonus thought is no need to buying a new boat this time.

My experience is struggling fisher has better chance at PS rewards. Established fishers get the Chary needed rewards.

17. Adol

Adol Certifiable

Nearly 1200 fishing quest results tracked;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiNhz6t0aNtRdDZKYURSUWpEd0JFekJfNHhDU01fUlE#gid=0

So to answer the question... it's random, but the odds are very, very low for a 120 scroll, and even lower for some of the rarest bait. My best guess is the code is doing a double roll; first for type, then for rarity. If someone knows how to code the document so as to pull the exact percentage for an individual reward type, please add it to the script... also add your own results if you wish.

As for what cancelling a fish quest does; reputation works like this.

* For every quest you take, and succeed at, the fish types in that quest raises by 5, so it goes 10 fish, 15 fish, 20 fish where it caps
    * For every quest you cancel, the fish in the cancelled quest drop by 5, so 20 down to 15 down to 10 fish, where it caps again.
    * The quest rolls number of lines independently of skill, or reputation

The system continues like this, we know for sure

* The quest rolls type of fish based of having 106+ skill (requiring a 110 scroll then) for dungeon fish in the roll. Otherwise this is also random.
    * Number of fish is then taken from your "reputation"
    * Thus dropping quests limits the maximum size of the quest, IF you roll for the fish you left behind. Otherwise it has no effect. And you can still get a 1 liner for Shore Fish no matter how much fishing you do.

This bit is my intuition from the sample size of results I have:

* Rewards are point based from the size of the quest, but the reward table is a range of percentage chances not a guarantee. Items are always 1x, Bait is always identical to quest point total, until it hits the cap of 100 points, and Charbydis Bait however is always only 5 units of bait. That is known. What I'm not sure of is how it's deciding the spread of quality for what you actually get.

You can abandon every quest bar for 6 Dungeon fish then, and still theoretically roll a 6 liner which contains only those six fish, and thus have a maximum point quest all the same... and it can roll "Type: Bait" "Intensity: High" for reward and you'd just get 100 Legendary Fish bait again. You will do this alot.

Charbydis bait is I think the Elite (my words) level reward, and it's turned up about 4 times in 1200 attempts? I've not looked at the document for a few months I'm afraid, when 900 results were largely me with a few inputs from a friend (Now someone else is adding them, hurrah!) but it was the same frequency roughly as the 120 scroll when I did. Which is why I suspect that it's going type, intensity and a spread of percentage chances for the best reward types.

So the conclusion? Don't worry about "reputation" at all really. It helps a little, but you'll muff the rolls so many times anyway, even when handing in a monster of a quest (and you can see from the records I did that teeth gnashingly many times) that any fish you drop will likely have been pushed back to 20 again long, long ago...

18. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

Like I said, it must have changed then. I guarantee you 20-30 quests never even came close to getting back to all 20's. But this was back when we were having all the ship lost problems which was what, almost 2 years ago now? I have been very careful since then not to lose my ship or cancel any quests.

19. FrejaSP

Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Do quests get lost if ship is recovered from a lighthouse?
    Can quests get lost if someone sink my ship, Siege (Felucca ruleset), can they axe the quest boxes to steal my fish?

20. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm..this all sounds fishy to me!

Olahorand likes this.
  21. FrejaSP

Yep it is all about fish and not to forget, crabs and lobsters :p

22. Warpig Inc

Stratics Veteran

From my understanding. Only things secured on the deck is saved. Nothing in the hold is saved from lighthouse recovery