1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Catskills' started by hawkeye_pike, Jan 18, 2009.

1. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    It is good ta have ye back as Catskills News Reporter! We recognize yer effort and the time ye put in ta supply us wid da most recent information. Ye may be a landlubber, but yer service is very much appreciated by us pirates!
  2. AnneNomilly

AnneNomilly Seasoned Veteran
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

May 17, 2003
    Did anyone else notice Vallend's title? hm? :D

Congrats, welcome "back" (although he never REALLY left us) and keep up the good work my friend. :thumbsup:
  3. Vallend

Vallend Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 16, 2005
    Do not read to much into the title I still have. Lord Franklin is the Catskills News Manager. The powers to be just have not removed the title from me yet. Yes I have been reporting much as of lately because I hate the idea of the Catskills players that I love so much being left in the dark, and I enjoy sharing information. So thank you for your kind thoughts, but I am just doing what many of you would do too if given the chance.
  4. Franklin

Franklin Guest

Actually, you or Sahra either one should take over as manager if you have the time. A promotion, layoffs at work, working to avoid outsourcing jobs overseas, massive amounts of overtime, and "real life" have left me playing UO a couple hours a month, if that. I didn't even apply to be an EM even though I was a Counselor and an Elder way back in the day... I just don't have the time anymore. When Stratics "broke" it really took the wind out of my reporting sails. Hell, I had to request a new password because I couldn't log in, if that tells you how much I play or have time to read the boards anymore.

I haven't closed my accounts or quit altogether, but you all need someone who is actively playing to report on news. I may be back eventually- Val's taken a break before too. But if any of the "people who bestow titles" are reading this, please bestow the title of Catskills Shard News Manager on Sahra Swift or Vallend instead of me.

Anyway, I hope some of the stuff that I (or my goofy twin) wrote over the years made you smile and point at your monitor and say, "There I am! I'm on Stratics!"

Peaceful Journeys,
    Lord Franklin
  5. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 22, 2004
    I've already got too many hats!

I vote for anarchy amongst the Catskills News Staff!
  6. Aedon Durreah

Aedon Durreah Village of Aegis
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 2, 2008
    Down with the free press, up with anarchy.