1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Buying] Valorite Ingots

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by HoldenCaulfield, Dec 5, 2012.

1. HoldenCaulfield

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crimson Savages CLAN

Looking to buy valorite ingots - paying 400gp each at commodity vendor just near the Magincia Bank that says "Buying Ingots".

I have put 10 million gold on the vendor. Will add more gold this evening if someone happens to sell me out.

I occasionally buy other types as well when needed.

Thanks,
    Holden

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I just traded all 500 of mine to your vendor.

Stayin Alive,

BG

3. Sir Morder

Sir Morder Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

since when did valorite drop in value to 400gp? It sold at well over 1k BEFORE the random spawn. I would think valorite being at least alittle harder to mine would drive the value up?

4. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Factor in all the script miners maybe? Hopefully soon that will be a thing of the past, once this bug publish is out if the way, maybe be they can refocus on the cheaters.

5. HoldenCaulfield

Not sure, must have been a very long time ago. The commodity prices listed at the top have them at only 300gp each and in previous months I have never had any problem buying them at cheaper prices. Maybe my supplier has left...

6. Nico666

Nico666 Adventurer

I've never seen valorite ingots sell for 1k each. You talking about when gold was $60.00 a mill and Towers were $1,000.00 each on ebay?

#6 Nico666, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  7. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

As Smiths more less are a useless skill now, noone use much ingots

8. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

What? Lol, ok you are out if touch with reforge and imbue then!!! Forgot to add bulk order deeds/rewards, intensive need for Val ingots there friend!!!

Baby Doll likes this.
  9. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

I love making stuff with Valorite hammers, to get the hammers I need over 1k val. ingots per LBOD for only 15 charges. Mixed with reforgeing those charges run out mighty fast! Or I could pay roughly 2 m. per Valorite hammer off vendors, when I find them.

#9 Baby Doll, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  10. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You need roughly 2k in Val to do the smalls to combine for the large and get the hammer.. And the 200k you get does not help that cost :)

11. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

The better the blacksmithy tali your wearing the lower ingots ya use. But yes I agree 1 k is to low. I would revise it takes me 1 - 1.5 in ingots roughly, but exact amount I do not know. So no argument from me on what it takes you.

12. HoldenCaulfield

Actually 2k is the minimum amount it could ever take you to fill a 20x Large Val Platemail BOD (or any 20x Platemail BOD for that matter). Without a single exceptional failure, that is the exact amount of ingots to make 20x Platemail Helm, Arms, Legs, Gorget, Tunic and Arms. The talisman only affects the ingots used in the sense of having greater success, but not in less ingots used to craft the item itself.

13. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

You right, I may be, I rarely do bods :)

14. Baby Doll

Baby Doll Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran IPKU

Thanks Holden. My apologies on talisman, you are absolutely correct I posted poorly on its use. As too the 2k plus of valorite ingots per to make a hammer. Well thats why when I run my lil supply of ingots out, and I'm sure burning one or two more hammers will score me perfect wep I need. I hit yours and Lagran's vendors for hammers and hope you both have them stocked. (haha) Of coarse now after thinking on it I might burn some hammers tonight. :p