1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Mining] Valorite Miner's Map Feedback

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by G.v.P, May 30, 2012.

1. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I accumulated 2,000 plus points via the Cora waves and I thought, should I get the shield or the Valorite Map? Went with the map.

I recalled to Delucia bank and opened the map, surprised to find the location right next to the Del Inn, by the T2A tunnel. The map had 231 charges and I used Gargoyle Pickaxes, but I didn't get a single Valorite Elemental to spawn. I lost some of the ore due to smelting, and ended up with 407-of-462 ingots (88.1%). That's about 5 turn-in points per ingot.

I'd say it's a bit costly as an every day item, but it's a nice little boost for when you have a quick project you want done.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I think if I were going to get one of these I'd get the talisman to go with it and not risk losing ingots.

3. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If I was going to spend the points on one of those talismans (especially since they are limited to like 4 hours) I would want an insane amount of valorite to smelt before using one of them.

4. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

^ this

Use the maps for a month or two and save all your high end ore and then get the talismans and smelt all your ore all at once.

aoLOLita likes this.
  5. Ender76

Ender76 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The talismans have charges, I used the valorite one and was underwhelmed. Not sure it's worth it, any of them to be honest

6. aoLOLita

aoLOLita Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Exactly what I am doing:) Stacks in 3 piles - the scattered. the small lump, and the big lump of ore...

7. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

How much time did you spend for mining those ingots?

p.s. Since you used Gargoyle Pickaxes why didn't you buy a Verity Map?

8. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

It was 231 large ore on one node, so I mean, that probably took less than ten minutes to mine. It's kind of like turning an ore node into a wood node, you know what I mean? Quantity wise.

The reason I didn't use Verite is because I didn't really do a lot of planning, lol...I was just being impulsive. I needed valorite ore and so I chose the valorite map. As you guys suggested, it would probably be better to get the smelting talisman and to try the verite map out. I just wanted to post something though since I had a feeling there wasn't a lot posted on the maps yet (unless I missed a master thread).

I guess the easiest thing to do would be to get the cheapest map and then see if you can use prospector's and a garg pick. I'll have to try that out sometime.

9. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I'm too impatient to wait a month ;P

10. King_Fisher

King_Fisher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

now once you find the "Node" be it verite or other, can you use a prospecters tool to bump up the ore found?

11. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

good question