1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Necromancy] Vampiric with no necro skill?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by tarugobr, Sep 29, 2010.

1. tarugobr

tarugobr Guest

hello everybody
    the question is: is it possible to stay in vampiric embrace form with no needed necromancy skill (99)?

this is my idea, using soulstones:
    on a 100.0 necromancy char, activate vampiric embrace
    now store your 100.0 necro on a soul stone

will the vampiric embrace form stay no the character even with no necromancy skill? or will it debuff as soon as i put necro on the soulstone?
  2. Lady_Rachel

Lady_Rachel Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Dec 18, 2004
    It will debuff as soon as you stone off the necro.

Same goes for wearing jewels that take you up in necro, then remove them. You go out of vamp form.
  3. tarugobr

tarugobr Guest

ive tried that before only with jewels and midnight bracers
    thank you
  4. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 11, 2008
    Up till a year or 2 ago, it used to let you remain in vamp form even after your necro skill went below 99. (So I carried around midnight bracers, Ossian Grimoire, bloodwood spirit, 2 +15 jewels in case I died and need recast vamp).

Has since been changed so that you will drop out of any form if your skill falls below the required level. Applies to ninja forms too.

Note that the 20 necro from a human's JOAT (jack of all trades) attribute will allow you to remain in wraith form.