1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vanishing Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lord Malachi, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Lord Malachi

Lord Malachi Adventurer

Does anyone even do in game support anymore?? I've been sitting get here waiting now for over 3 hours for this issue. I was in Twisted Weald today with some guild mates killing Dread Horn, wasn't paying attention to my health and died. As soon as I died, my swamp dragon totally disappeared, leaving no corpse, no followers in my windows, and was not in the zone. Checked the stable also just to see if it might have went there for some strange reason, but no luck. This is twice now in the past 2 weeks this has happened, once on another character, and now this one.

HELP PLEEEEEASE! I don't want to farm cheif jabba the hut for another year for a new mount. :(

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

2. yars

yars Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

known issue,had it happen to me 2x, apparently not good enough for the bug list

3. xxrod17xx

xxrod17xx Adventurer

This is way more important than 90% of the "bugs" that were part of the publish

Mirt, Sauteed Onion and Good Grief like this.
  4. Good Grief

Good Grief Journeyman

Yeah....I know there are alot of players who cared about retrieving garbage cans and whether they could dye a runebook a certain color, etc, but I don't think we're alone in wishing they would actually work on real bugs, some of which have been around forever, are game stopping and cause people to quit.

yars and Sauteed Onion like this.
  5. Lucy of Kenton

Lucy of Kenton Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

ive lost two but mine were both in prism and im afraid unless the gm can see the corpse they will never replace an item

6. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Professional Mall Santa and Legendary Piglet
    Professional Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

7. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'm not saying they shouldn't have fixed this years ago. But bug importance is almost always relative. But being pissy about when one's own preferred bugs aren't fixed before ones that relate to housing is....Well I guess on Stratics its par for the course. But that doesn't make it less of a ****ty thing to do.

If they ever do fix this bug I can't wait for the inevitable complaints about how it should be risk vs reward and having the pet dispelled is part of the risk and was somehow important in PvP. It's the kind of thing we won't hear about until it's fixed but that we will hear about it is pretty much guaranteed.

-Galen's player

8. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Long long LONG time bug ever since they came out. Don't even bother paging a GM. Go get or buy another is your ONLY option. I lost maybe a dozen or more over the years.

9. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They DID fix it at one point though.
    PUB 40
    Summoned bonded pets (for example Paroxysmus' Swamp Dragon) can no longer be dispelled by creatures such as Dull Copper Elementals

At the time they stated pre-patch ones would still be able to be dispelled. I lost mine just before in the ophidian invasion. Either they didn't fix it but said they did, they broke it again, it's a different bug, or you had an old pre-patch one.

10. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No the problem is EA's theory of "If you can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with BS." That is exactly what they did with this publish. Instead of fixing the major bugs, like this, player health bars in CC, and others, the produce a HUGE list of small and easy to fix bugs that very few (if any) players complaine about in hopes that we are impressed by the quanity and not the quality.

Sadly it seems to have worked.

Good Grief likes this.
  11. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

Never had one ever get dispelled myself. Most all of mine simply went poof on a dismount/death in PvP. There for a micro second and then gone forever... was a real ***** when it was a dismount in PvP...you had about enough time to say "Oh F@#$" upon not seeing it in your pack and then the screen goes black and white. Learned to not worry about it anymore after the first couple and several hours wasted with GMs. Just go get another one out of storage. Always kept several in statue form as back-ups. Do not rely on the GM's for any assistance at all. Waste of time.

12. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

I actually heard several people over the years complaining about at least some of those.

What you mean is: This was not your list. These were not your bugs.

Most of them weren't my bugs either, honestly.

But I'm not rolling onto Stratics to whine about it.

-Galen's player

13. Orgional Farimir

Orgional Farimir Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

First off no one is whining here so get off your high horse.

Second some of the "fixes" were not even bugs.

For exampe:
    • The Ossian Grimoire can now be dyed using Tokuno Dyes
    • Tailors on Siege Perilous will no longer sell Flax
    • The Mythic Character token can now be used to increase the Spellweaving Skill if the player is eligible

And more fixes were only visual and does not have an effect on game play such as:
    • Female Guards will no longer spawn with mannish features
    • Vines will no longer spawn in the water when they are spawned by the Vesper Museum
    • Ethereal Swamp Dragons will match regular swamp dragons when retouched with the retouching tool

And sadly some of the "bugs" they fixed are bugs that didn't exist until the Dev's got their hands into something and randomly messed up another, unrelated aspect of the game.

All I am saying is if the Devs are going to have a HUGE bug fix publish they need to fix bugs that affect the game play and not non bugs or only visual bugs, but sadly that seems above their pay grade.

14. GalenKnighthawke

Stratics Veteran

Again, all you're really saying is that this wasn't your list.

To say the Ossian Grimoire thing was not a bug is disingenuous. The Tokuno Dyes were intended at the time to dye artifacts and enhanced items. The Grimoire is by most I'm aware of considered an artifact. Hence, bug. The visual thing, well how often have we seen people complain that it's the visuals that keep people out of UO? Granted I doubt the particular fixes you speak of are obstacles to anyone! But if you look at how you phrased your message, it's clear from your language that you're committing yourself to objecting to any purely visual/graphical bug fix. Presumably this'll include, say, thing that happens where when you hold an axe sometimes the graphic shows you punching your foe rather than hitting it with the axe. And that particular visual but was once cited by a Stratics poster of a reason why his gaming friends wouldn't pop onto UO with him. Stuff like female guards spawning with mannish features can destroy the spell of immersion. And while you may not find immersion terribly important, immersion is the key to the future of the game. We cannot match competitors for gameplay or graphics but we can on immersion, story, RP, flexibility, housing, and other features.

Housing. Housing bugs were cited in this thread by some as points of criticism for the team fixing. "Who cares about housing-related bugs." Oh, I don't know, the many in the game who like the housing feature and devote considerable amounts of time to design and decorating and who cite housing as an important and unique feature of UO?

At the end of the day your criticisms amount to "these weren't the bugs I wanted fixed." To say "the post-publish bugs show that the bug spring was poorly handled" is a valid criticism. To say "this bug spring wasn't big enough to be called a sprint" is a valid criticism. But to say "the bug sprint sucked because they weren't the bugs I wanted fixed" is not.

For the most part, they weren't the bugs I wanted fixed either. I, however, am not the only one playing the game.

-Galen's player

15. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I lost my Paroxy Swampy not long ago to same issue. Was in Shame doing Vortex and my swampy just disappeared.
    After a couple of days paging different gm's I was finally told they realized it was an issue but he was lost forever and they could not replace anything ingame. Mine was even still attached the his crystal ball :(

16. Widow Maker

Stratics Veteran

That is what I got too Goldie..