1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Price Check] "Vanquishing Scimitar"

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Maris, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Maris

Maris Guest

I am trying to get information on this piece. From what i have read, it is a pre-AoS item. I have found that the 'Vanquishing' tag should have been removed and replaced with 35% Damage Increase. I would appreciate any help in identifying this piece!!

Thanks a ton!!

[​IMG]

2. Chiera

Chiera Guest

to me this looks like an old invasion drop, where mystic, vanquishing and power weapons dropped. IIRC there have been several invasions where those dropped. Despise invasion comes to mind, the ophidian invasion as well I believe.
    The pre AOS pieces used to have tags like 'supremely accurate scimitar of vanquishing' and the like before AOS. And in now way they would have properties like HLL or HML after the conversion. These simply didn't exist before AOS.
    So no, for me this looks like a rather common item. It's rare in the sense that it doesn't drop atm.

3. Vaneca

Vaneca Guest

Yes, this should be from invasion. Most likeley from one of the last ones... But you can´t tell for sure.

The old weapon style, pre Aos, was changed and they do not carry the name anymore. Depending on what level they´ve been the damage increase varies. Durability xx% and HCI is a good indicator of pre AoS weapons. Hit Spell Curses like weaken or Clumsy or even Paralyze too.

4. Maris

Maris Guest

thanks a lot to both of you!!

have a good day!

5. S.W.A.T

S.W.A.T Guest

If it was a Pre-Aos Vanqish weapon, it would still have those ['s].
    Like A Scimitar [Vanquishing/Indestructible/Supreme Accurary]
    =]

6. RichDC

RichDC Guest

I have many pre aos vanquishing and they dont have any tag, they simply have the mod of Vanq (35%DI), whatever accuracy (maxing at i believe 10%hci as low as 2%) undead slayer (silvery) 100%durability (indestructable) and paralyse/curse (mage spell charges)

7. Sweety

Sweety Guest

Don't those still spawn in treasure chests? or am i thinking of magic wands?

8. Gus of Llanowar

Stratics Veteran

is it for sell?

9. Chiera

Chiera Guest

it's magic wands that spawn on chests. It would rather surprise me if power/vanq/mystic weapons would now spawn on treasure chests. But tbh it's been a while since I last dug one up ;)

10. Maris

Maris Guest

yes it is for sale, i am sorry for the late response, my job is changing a lot lately. I am selling everything off and quitting UO. My house is located just northwest of the brit moongate if you want to see it locked down on the floor.