1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym... One of Many Armageddon Incantations

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Guest, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

EDIT: Altered for relative discussion. *hates inconsistency*

Corp Bet Mani
    Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym

Corp Bet Mani was the Armageddon Spell used in U5/U6.
  2. Doh!

NOW you tell us ...

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Well apparently there's like 4 different sets of power-words for Armageddon. Someone who played U9 (I couldn't stand that installment) says that Vas Kal yadda yadda is Armageddon in THAT game. But back in either U5 or U6, it was Corp Bet Mani..

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't worry, it's an Ultima armageddon ... just a version that people really, really, really shouldn't be messing with, especially in this young age.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

Design aspects of Ultima changing relatively inexplicably between installments?

No way!
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

Different shards - the universal cure to all your continuity conundrums [​IMG]
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

Actually. It is!

The current iteration of the Armageddon spell draws from the Ultima 9 lore, which was the latest canon addition to the Ultima storyline.

In it, the Avatar is tasked with casting the Barrier of Life "Sanct Vas Grav In Mani An Corp" transliterated as "Sacred Great Field Create Life Not Death" before standing toe-to-toe with the Guardian, his evil alternate self. The Barrier of Life is the only thing that can contain the spell of Armageddon, which is "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym" or "Great Invocation of Not Life Create Death Wind Time".

Sosarian Magic Theory could interpret this roughly as a great invocation to the powers of unlife to make dead the winds of time. In other words, it is an appeal to the cancellation of existence.

Ultima 6 lore and the interactions with the Xorinite wisp find that previous iterations of the Armageddon spell in scroll form were "Corp Bet Mani", in magicspeak, Death of the Little Matter. Most likely a command rather than invocation to planar destruction at molecular level.

That I know any of this makes me a sick, sad little man.
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeeeah, I see that now. I ignored U9. Also, since everyone was saying that all of this lore was mostly coming from U5-U6, "Corp Bet Mani" was the spell I saw as Armageddon.

*shakes fist*
  9. AshOfCaine

AshOfCaine Guest

Weren't there 2 other sets of words of power that were discovered in UO same time that didn't do anything (at least at that time). I seem to recall the first time i blew myself up with Val Kal... there were 2 other sets of words that made the character perform animation like casting but nothing ever happened. Now for the life of me I can't find any reference to them.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

One of them was used in Terathan Keep (and supposedly later on?) to dispel those black flame tiles. I however forget the spell words.
  11. i believe in ultima underworld, armageddon was Vas Kal Corp
  12. For whatever it's worth, the incantation in Ultima VII was "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym"--so whether one ignores Ascension or not, our version does have a pedigree. [​IMG]

I prefer the more complicated version, myself. Cuts down on accidents.
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

None of you know the armageddon spell necessary to work in modern Sosaria. It depends on the complete and total state of all things at the time of the ritual. key word ritual, not spell. The ritual in Ultima 9 would not be an effective ritual of amrageddon.
    If it makes you feel better, we havent figured it out yet either. and we are...you know...the zog cabal. Given that Sosaria's main facet if mirrored in two, and that there are many other facets tied to it, not to mention the fractures in time and space since Ultima Online launched. the speel "should" be very complex, and the ritual bizzare as hell. not to mention where it should be cast from.

Do not worry, I will kill you all soon.
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

One of Many wishes to devour Sosaria...

15. Guest

Guest Guest

i believe in ultima underworld, armageddon was Vas Kal Corp

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. That was it in both Underworld games.