1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vendor gold

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Flutter, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Does anyone remember how much gold you can keep on a vendor before it turns over to 0?
    I had thought it was somewhere over a billion?
    I logged on to check my vendors tonight and one actually had bold red numbers in the negative. I wish I had the presence of mind to screenshot it but I was a little shocked to see it.
    I wasn't hacked, nothing else is missing, and I know it had plenty of gold on it bc I pulled off a few million to buy something two days ago.
    Meh.
    Anyway to avoid this happening again can anyone tell me the vendor gold limit please?

2. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

3. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

4. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

And finally, Publish 54 notes from July 10, 2008 that list the following as a bug fix: "Player vendors are now capped at holding two billion gold from sales. If you try to go over this cap you will receive an error message, no gold will be taken and the item will remain on the vendor."

UO Herald archive! - Ultima Online Stratics ▶ TGN.TV - Get more views!

5. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

Thanks Tina. I know I didn't have a billion(much less two) on that vendor that's why I am having trouble understanding what is going on.
    My other vendors seem ok. Even the ones on the same account. The gold just seems to have disappeared.
    I changed my account passwords to be safe anyway, but there were far more valuable items locked down.

6. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

I think even at 2bil the gold isn't supposed to go poof, only the transactions stop.
    How much do you think you lost? Did it go at server reset?
    Sorry, but thanks for letting us know, I just pulled most of mine off just in case.
    Probably they were working on the broken Mag vendors and messed something else up.
    Sloppy - maybe they should go to work for Zynga w/ the Other UO devs

7. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Are you sure you didn't put in a 0 too much when pulling gold from your vendor, I know i did this once ...

8. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Flutter, is the buggy vendor wearing Merchant's Trinket (the earrings that give a 10% discount on the vendor fee) by any chance?

9. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

No. There wouldn't have been enough room in my bank to pull all the gold off of the vendor.

10. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

No Maam. I am trying to chalk this up to human error (somehow I made a mistake) but it's hard when I can't figure out what happened.
    I thought I had 200M left on that vendor. Could it have been 2 billion? Highly unlikely. I know I pulled off 20M to buy some seeds of renewal. I DID check the bank to see if I accidentally pulled off 200M but theres no way it would have fit in my bank anyway.
    I checked all my characters bank boxes on all my accounts (even the ones not attached to that vendor). It's just gone.

It's only pixles I am not going to make a big deal about it, but if I could figure out what happened it might help someone else... who it may be a bigger deal for.

11. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

wow, lose 200mil, no big deal - makes my pitch a ***** about the evil omen icon not going away seem petty

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

It's just a game.
    Your evil omen icon is a bug that's been around a while a needs to be fixed.
    My 200mil missing is (I am assuming) my own fault for not paying closer attention to what I am doing in UO. Unless, they've changed the amount a vendor can hold. At what time I'm sure we'd be hearing from a lot more other than myself.

13. Tina Small

Stratics Veteran 4H

Another question for you, Flutter: Did you buy one of the theme packs and set up a Magincia bazaar vendor and/or have a bid outstanding for a bazaar vendor? Or is the shop with the buggy vendor located in Magincia?

I seriously doubt there's any connection between the two types of vendors, but probably good to rule it out just in case.

14. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

I haven't purchased a theme pack. I did buy a buncha stuff off of a Magincia vendor though.