1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

vendor holdings

Discussion in 'UHall' started by burnttrees, Aug 3, 2008.

?

do you think 2 billion is excessive for vendor storage

1. yes

11 vote(s)
    68.8%
  2. no

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. i don't know or care

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

so its been a while since Mythic put a cap on vendors so they only hold a max of 2 billion gold do you think this is excessive since a bank can hold 125 1 million gold checks

2. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

After hearing of all the new bannings I pulled all my gold from my Luna vendor except for what I need to keep it running. Seriously I doubt the house owner would get banned for anything but, I don't own the place, so i'm not taking any chances.

3. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

I think 1 billion is higher than the cap should be.

4. burnttrees

burnttrees Guest

ok so i went to origin and looked at the vendor information so i could figure out the cost of a vendor per real world day

so what i figured out is if someone is selling something for 125 mil gold i think this is the max for a non storage expanded account is they have to pay around 250k per real world day so figure at 2 bil the persons vendor is set for 8000 days ,1 bil would be around 4000 days i think everyone gets the point on this

5. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The cap was not to limit the amount of gold players could have. It was to prevent a roll-over bug that caused players to lose their gold. Vendors appear to store gold information as a long integer and that only goes up to just over 2 billion. When you go higher than allowed it rolled over to a negative number. It is the same limitation placed on item stacks at 60,000. Those appear to be stored as an unsigned integer.

Naturally when the vendor system was originally designed no one thought players would own anywhere close to 2 billion gold.