1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vendor Problem

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Ivorythorn, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

I place a couple of vendors, and the are facing towards the house. It doesn't look right, and nothing I've tried seems to get them to face the other way.

Any ideas? I thought when they were placed they faced the direction your avatar is facing?

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if you want the vendor to face south, stand south of him and double-click him, open the customize menu and then close it..... he'll thank you (or tell you he needs more pay, or complain about not being able to ride a horse.... ) and turn to face you

3. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

You can do this from any side on the vendor I have even used them on the roof of my castle and steped outside and then closed the gump to have them face the way I want.

4. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

Yes, I tried doing that. I guess I will try again.

UPDATE: I tried doing what you guys said, but no matter which direction I face the vendor always ends up facing the house...

5. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Its not the direction your facing, its the direction you are standing relative to the vendor. If you want the vendor to face south, you need to physically be south of the vendor. So walk a few tiles south of them then customize and close their menu and they will face south.

6. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

Yes, I know that's how it works. But it's not working for me...

Guess all I can do is try again. If it doesn't work they are FIRED! LOL :twak:

7. AtlanticVlad

Stratics Veteran

Hey If you are still having a problem with this shoot me a PM or icq and I'll come take a look =)

8. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

Thanks for the help guys, but I finally got it. I think it wa some kind of elvish prank. Those pesky, pointy eared vendors don't like working for humans. Thankfully, they don't have a union. LOL

I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I finally got them pointed in the right direction.

9. Mairut

Mairut Guest

For the first-time vendor owners (that may wander in here):

Changing the hair color, race etc. gets the vendor the face the direction you want them to..this is the vendor's customize gump.

It took me awhile to figure this out when I got my first vendor, because you think the customize gump means where you customize its inventory, vendor name and shop name, etc...which is the main gump.

The customize gump that everyone else was talking about is where you change the hair color/hair type/race/sex etc. inside the main gump.