1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vendor Problem

Discussion in 'UHall' started by rieley, Jul 28, 2010.

1. rieley

rieley Guest

Hope this where to place this tip to all.

I've been lucky, never had this problem before, however today when outfitting a new vendor her top fell into her backpack. As usually I simply finished dressing her and tried to open her pack to take out her top, but the pack wouldn't open. Tried everything I could think of, even tried from the house sign. Log on/off. No dice. Signed on to another account to purchase the top (violet courage), however the pack did open but it 'was not for sale'. So I cashed out, and tried to dismiss her and couldn't because she was holding my belongings.

I paged for a GM. Asked the GM is he could dismiss the vendor because it was bugged and I really needed that upfront spot, I explained the situation. He made certain the vendor belonged to me, we did a few brief things, then he took out the courage. He stated it may have been because the item is insured. So I told him to let me try it again, sure enough that was the case. So, passing this along to others regarding insured items if they fall into the vendor's backpack. Vendor has been working great for me just as she said she would!!! And thank you GM Fiper, you were respectful, kind and timely.

Dendra

2. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Normally a vendor won't accept insured items you try and put in it's pack. I'm curious why it went in.

3. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Im thinking as it was insured, when you put in on the vendors paper doll it wouldnt except it as it was insured, but as it was on the vendor (wearing it) when the system did that check it took it as belonging to the vendor thus it dropped into its pack like our items do when we die and there insured.

Then im guessing it just bugged the vendor out as it now has an insured item in its pack which the system doesnt recognise because you cant put insured items on a vendor.

Just tested it and it worked, trying to put an insured item that the vendor isnt allowed to wear (like female items on a male vendor that are insured, or elf items or gargoyle items on a human vendor that are insured etc) onto its paper doll and it drops into its pack and are unbuyable, it doesnt show anything on the item like price or NFS. BUT it let me just pick it up out of the pack and put it in mine!

Think this needs looking into fast before someone finds a way to use it as an exploit *starts thinking* ;D

Thunderz

4. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Found one possible exploit use for this bug.

Thunderz

5. Milkman8880

Milkman8880 Guest

simple game mechanic. dont see how thats an exploit, unless your givin it away

6. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah that was just game mechanics but it was used by some for an "unfair" advantage E.G. you could steal items off players from tram without them having a choice, thats why the day after i mentioned it, it got fixed and 2 mins after posting it petra deleted my post and PM'd me ;)

Id grade it the same level as the house teleporter one was, petra will **** me again if i give to much away!

I'll play it safe and just PM petra the details so she can get the devs on it fast.

Thunderz

7. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

"Un" "intended"..... Game mechanic, as a patch messed something up....

Thunderz