1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vendor Search add-on?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Xalan Dementia, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Xalan Dementia

Xalan Dementia Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

probably been talked about but I was wondering if the devs could make an in game tool/gump that would work like a vendor search site. Perhaps have a Kiosk placed in luna that people can use to search vendors? instead of fighting the search sites and condemning them, just put em out of business with your own search tool. Discuss--

2. It's been mentioned here before but not sure if any Developer has ever commented on it. I would love to see some in-game search method that included more than just Luna... this would help keep some of the prices down and bring back some of the better player run vendor homes.

3. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

We were just talking about this over at UOForums chat. I wondered if they did implement this, if they could check for red flag anomalies, such a a high number of difficult to obtain items for sale on a vendor. It might sniff out the dupers. Of course, someone mentioned you might catch some poor IDOCer who put all the loot up for sale....

4. They have this ability now. EA/Mythic CAN and DOES database searches for all kinds of things. It's just that some items are hard to prove that they were duped, or the item to make them (e.g. smith BODS) were duped.

5. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

It's a great idea whch would help so much....

and it would help make prices more competitive.