1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vendor Search Broken or?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kristy, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Kristy

Kristy Adventurer

Is there a reason nothing is coming up on vendor search, or am I doing something wrong? For example, I look up "An exalted scroll of resisting spells" in which only part of that phrase will actually get searched for because the search box is not long enough. Now in the LEAST there are how many different "exalted scrolls" in the different numbers 10-20 and then the different type of scroll..you would think SOMEWHERE along there someone on Lake Superior would have at least one scroll for sale! I know they do because I have seen them myself on other peoples vendors. Anyone know whats going on?

2. S_S

S_S Certifiable
    The Squirrel Empire

Mine works fine if I type in "an exalted scroll".

3. Lady CaT

Lady CaT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Try just 'exalted' for a list of scrolls. Likewise 'mythical' or 'legendary scroll'
    You can also do as an example 'exalted magery' etc...

P.S. There does not appear to be any resist power scrolls showing in vendor search on Lake Superior at 10:40 am EST

4. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I just tried searching on LS and there are no "Resist Magic" exalted scrolls coming up. if you just put "exalted scroll of" in the criteria, plenty of scrolls come up. if you put in "scroll of resist magic" a SoT and a SoA come up but no PS's. not sure what, if anything is broken, but you can opt out of vendor search, so maybe the ones you saw opted out for whatever reason.

5. Kristy

Kristy Adventurer

Oh ok, thanks. Somehow it doesn't seem like you should have to guess which wording to use to get something to get something to show up. Devs..perhaps you might want to work on your vendor search a bit ;)

6. Kristy

Kristy Adventurer

No, I typed in the scroll exactly as the scroll looks. But of course it cuts the wording off because it doesn't let you search that long, so here is what it looked like "An exalted scroll of resi" For an exalted scroll of resisting spells and that's where it cut me off, so thats how I entered in the search. I just thought typing something into a search would bring something up if typed up exactly as is would bring something up, guess not lol.

7. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

'scroll resist' is all i type when im shopping.
    scroll magery
    scroll med
    scroll eval

that way you can look at all the scrolls that are on sale and price compare.
    its not like there are 2 billion scrolls for sale, your lucky if you even get 1 page of scrolls to come up on most shards.

startle likes this.
  8. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

and i just checked, there are only 1 SOT and 1 SOA for sale right now on LS.

9. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Ahhh, "Learning To Search" by Poo.... who is exactly correct!
    Always search as simply as possible and get more specific if you get too many results (which isn't likely).......
    Look for one word that is always found (scroll in this case) plus the one you're looking for (like Poo said: magery, meditation, eval, etc...)
    Getting too specific by trying to add more words than this can/will give unwanted results. Unless you live on Atlantic - your search result most likely will be short enough to find what you want quickly.

#9 startle, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Searching for "Bless Deed" is a pain. Since it throws all the blessed deeds at you - be it commodity deeds, vet rewards etc. Really missing a toggle for searching exactly the given name.

DJAd likes this.
  11. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah

scroll of blah 20
    scroll of blah 10

12. SteedaFLA

SteedaFLA Visitor

Sorry for the dumb question, but how to you search vendors in the first place?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it here on stratics. I had no idea there was such a function. That's what happens when you've returned after years.

#12 SteedaFLA, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  13. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

i always just use "clothing bless deed" and that's all that comes up for me.

14. startle

If you look at the results from a search for Bless Deed, you will note that it finds exactly what you asked it to find. It finds any item that contains both Bless and Deed, which includes things like deeds for Christmas trees, commodity deeds, etc. since they all have both Bless and deed in their properties. If you're wanting to find Clothing Bless deeds, simply search for Clothing - and wala, there they are.....;)

old gypsy likes this.
  15. Olahorand

The culprit in my example is, that I search for the item bless deed, which we could get from Cleanup Britannia a while ago, and these are named "Bless Deed". So search for full name only or for complete words only would help already a lot, to narrow down such stuff containing very common name components only.

DJAd likes this.
  16. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Yes finding bless deeds sucks.

17. startle

Those old Bless Deeds are pretty rare - since they were only available for a short time. Just have your results sorted from High to Low and if there's one for sale, I'm thinkin' it'll be somewhere close to to the top of the list....
    Scrolling down is always shortened in my searches by using the High to Low or Low to High search option at the bottom.... ;)

#17 startle, Dec 17, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  18. Olahorand

They are not that rare (ok with the exclusion of Siege) - since it was an item players could get after the recent reintroduction of Cleanup Britannia for a good while.
    They are currently in the 8 million range from pricing, but in that range are also lots of other white deeds (if we leave the also shown commodity deeds in the same range out).
    Sorting is unfortunately only possible by price, but not by name, which would help here.
    Or an additional column in the list, showing the name, since mouse over is so slow to give the name (at least for me here in Europe).

19. startle

Ok, I thought you were talking about the original "item" bless deeds from way back before insurance...

20. startle

Since the Bless Deed you're referring to is NOT white (and certainly not "commodity deed green"), then a quick glance will let you look thru the pages, no?

21. Olahorand

Well, not true white, but this common "white", as any vet reward deed, as any deed crafted with normal wood, as many deeds for items beginning with holiday trees up to small soulforges ... .