1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Verite, Valorite Elementals

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Riply, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hi I'm going to try and kill verite and valorite elementals from using a gargoyle pickaxe when mining. Mainly to get some extra ore and the blackrock crystals.
    My question is what are your methods for killing these things, do golems work well, I tried ev's on the valorite but its immune to them. Thank you.

2. quig

quig Guest

Depends on your template, to hunt elementals i usually put mining on my warrior. Swords works good (but they hit hard!), archery is best. If your a mage get a mage weapon bow.

3. Ommy2k7

Ommy2k7 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

yeah, I kept 5 SoulStone Fragments and just SS Mining onto my PallyFencer if i wanna do Verite/Val Ele's. Its a Brillaint way to gather high end ore/ingots, Use an Ele Slayer Enemy of One, Consecrate Weapon afew times, and its down.

:)

4. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thx, my main account is where my fighters are, my second account is kinda my skills account. I was able to place swords, parry, and tactics on him, I can probably add 65 chivarly with very little effort. But Bushido would be a pain to skill up, I going to imbue a elemental axe I found and use that.
    Has any one used a golem to take the hits while your fighting one? I figure if they can hold up and take the punishment I have a better survival rate. But if they die very quickly then its not worth making one to try.

5. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Also, with the recent changes to slayers, make sure to use an Earth Elemental Slayer as opposed to an Elemental super slayer. You get twice the damage bonus for using sub-slayers now.

6. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

OOOHH!
    So earth elemental works better the the super slayer, interesting, I guese I have to find one kicking around. If not get a bunch of low lever runic hammers and then imbue it with properties. Thx thats really good info!

7. miss uo

miss uo Guest

Don't worry about the bushido, you can take them down without it.
    Three shots from my archer/pally takes them down. Those verite and valorite ellys are a great source of crystalline blackrock and high end ore.

8. Riply

Riply Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ok great thx I'll give it a go, I wish I had archery but swords should work.

9. Shelleybean

Shelleybean Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Keep an eye on your health bar when you fight valorite ore elementals (and copper) as they reflect damage back to you.

10. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Verites are relatively easy.

Do note that both Verite and Valorite elementals can destroy any gear that isn't insured, blessed or cursed, as a random effect.

You're better off with an elemental super slayer against Valorite (and copper), as it makes suicide by reflect less likely. Life Leech will help as well.

You'll want a suit as close to all 70s as possible, as Valorites do damage spread equally across 4 of the 5 types.

11. eekamouse

eekamouse Guest

How well does a Fire Beetle do against these elementals? :)

12. Not sure about the rest but shadow and valorite elementals are immune to damage from pets so probably not good against them.

13. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You can easily hunt them on your mule. My Ore elly hunting char is my Smith Tailor Mule. He has Magery and jewels with magery, and uses an Earth elemental Mage weapon. I put him in all 70's, with about 123 hit points, np.

Even the Val ellys go down, usually without me even healing myself. I do get really low, but usually have 20 or so HP left. I tossed a lillte Chiv on the char too, to get around and to consecrate if I need to. ( no need for LRC armor this way.) I do use arcane boots for the occasional invis or mage spell.

14. eekamouse

eekamouse Guest

Hmm, I have Tinkering on my Miner. How would a gollem do against those elementals?

15. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

golem types can't hurt the Valorite. Not sure about how effective they'd be on the Verite ele.

16. eekamouse

eekamouse Guest

Would the reward "vollem" do the trick?

17. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I hunt valorite elementals with my elf crafter using an elemental-slayer, mage-weapon bow.

Full crafter template, so it's no cookie cutter like my sammy but I can heal back the reflected damage easily and have never died to a valorite elemental.

18. bosskram

bosskram Guest

I tried this the other night after reading all the post about hunting these bad boys. My mule has magery. I got one valerite ele up and several shadow up and I used earthquake and it seemed to work just fine. The shadow i just stood toe to toe and the val i would run cast , run cast, heal, run cast ect. The val took about 4 earthquakes to take it down. Kind of fun. Might have just been lucky but I going for anouther try.....

19. Do you have evaluate intelligence?

20. bosskram

bosskram Guest

yes its at gm level. I don't rember what the damage per cast was but it seemed to work pretty good. I might have just gotten lucky though. I'm going to try it again and see if I can get the same results. :lol: