1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Very selfish

Discussion in 'UO Baja' started by kaylun, Oct 5, 2009.

1. kaylun

kaylun Guest

Somone has been leading off the bosses from the cavern of the lost so that no one can use the area. I will wait for a server reset and take pictures of who is doing it. All the new high level ingredients drop there off the rat men but the ratmen will not spawn if the boss mobs are led off.
  2. kaylun

kaylun Guest

I meant cavern of the discarded. Somone on Baja is attempting to control the spawn. typical
  3. Yalp

Yalp Guest

someone is also working the spawn up to Renowned level and then leaving it. The moment you clear the renowned, it's like a magnet, and peeps are showing back up to take over the spawn.

I'm sure Baja is much better than this.

Of course numbnuts reside on every shard

*shh...in case reverse psychology is the order of the day*
  4. SuperKen

SuperKen Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 22, 2008
    I'd be interested as well to know who's doing this but only for curosity.

I understand that this might be a bit of a pain in the ass but let's not condemn the whole shard for it. Best way to get positive feedback on an issue is to stay positive yourself.
  5. kaylun

kaylun Guest

i have been researching the problem a little and it seems that if you kite the renowned too far away from spawn they diapear and break the spawn until the next server reset
  6. Wait, is this spawn in Fel?
  7. Yalp

Yalp Guest

no these are the mini champ spawns in the abyss.... and certain members in a certain guild are becoming notorious for working it up to renowned then leaving it waiting for others to clear it, then coming back when we've cleaned it up for them.

Curiosity isn't what it'd call it.

Kaylun had it right.. selfish.
  8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

May 12, 2008
    I added a post about the issue to the beta forum, not that there's any guarantee a developer will see it. My suggestion is that folks use the feedback form on the UO website to submit LOTS of complaints about this issue. You can find the form by clicking the "Feedback" button on the www.uo.com website, or go to it directly here: http://www.uoherald.com/feedback/index.php .

It's unfortunate people stoop to this kind of behavior, but it's not really a surprise either.
  9. Yalp

Yalp Guest

10. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 25, 2001
    I think sometimes when mobs are targetted on you and you recall out they will follow in the direction you end up in, and can end up far away from their starting point. So some of this luring out might be accidents. Having said that, my thief was sneaking around and noticed Tikitavi(sp?) hanging out by Slasher of the veils a couple hours ago. I think they were admiring the codex of virtue together and wondering why the ones in their houses keep breaking...