1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vet rewards

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by TheScoundrelRico, Nov 4, 2014.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Curious, what vet rewards are account transferable?

My main question is with the soul stones, if I select a soul stone on my 84 month old Rico account, can I transfer it to my new account?

If not, are there any other vet type rewards that act the same way?

I do know my 2 month old account won't be able to use dye tubs I just want to make sure I don't waste the picks since my Rico account will go dormant again in a month...la

2. Ru TnT

Ru TnT Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Vet Soulstones are account bound, and maybe those shard shield things are too.

I think they got rid of the age restriction on vet rewards, you still need to be old enough to claim them, but anyone can use them.

TheScoundrelRico likes this.
  3. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Yup. I've been using all of the dye tubs at public houses without a problem on my alt account which is only 3 months old. As for soulstones, when you claim it one it should come in a token form which you can trade. Once you redeem the token though, the stone itself is account bound.

TheScoundrelRico likes this.
  4. TheScoundrelRico

So do the "red" soul stones come as a token or do they come as a stone which would be bound to the account?...la

5. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

They come as a stone that is account bound, I got one a few months ago on Lupe. But yeah, everything else you should be able to transfer over to your new account

6. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I forgot about red soul stones.. yah. They're account bound no trade. Green are token form. I was thinking of the 7th Anniv. tokens.

7. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

since soulstones are account bound...what about the following scenario:

I have a red char with hundreds of counts but I want him to be blue. Could I put all of his skills on soulstones, give those soulstones to a friend, delete the red char and create a new char on that same account. Can the newly created char then actually use the soulstones since it is the same account?

Of course you would have to work up the stats again but it would at least save you all the trouble of going through the whole drag of working up your skills. This could also be a possible scenario where you can save a race, gender or name change token...

8. TheScoundrelRico

I wouldn't risk it. Try the new VvV system, they have a reprieve reward with enough points to zero out your kills...la

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You could even leave the soul stones in the house owned by that account. The house is account bound as well. You will lose every skill and stat scroll you have eaten. If you decide to use this method clear your bank. That is part of your character, not your account. Pets will all be gone I think.

10. TheScoundrelRico

LOL, that's ok, I don't think I paid for a single one of the ones on my account. :) ...la

Barry Gibb and SpyderBite like this.
  11. Max Blackoak

Stratics Veteran

yeah I'm not really planning to do that...the idea just crossed my mind if it was even possible.

and you're right Kelmo, I forgot about powerscrolls and statscrolls... yeah you'd have to get those before the delete then.

12. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It is possible... just likely not preferable.

13. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

This actually does work.

Back when we were doing the Aeric Horn memorial, someone in the guild opened a new account and created a character with his name to make a character statue of him to place there. That account was then closed. About a year later, I was moving the statue and accidentally re-sculpted it and made a character of myself, erasing the one we had of Aeric! I was horrified! After some discussion with guildmates, we decided it was likely doable, but we needed to do it on an account that was old enough to use the statue maker, so I bought some soulstone frags and tried it out. It took some time, but I transferred the skills, deleted the character, made one with Aeric's name, redid the statue, deleted that character, remade my old character [there is a week long wait period for this!] and was able to reuse the skills I had put on SS frags.

As stated above, you do have to rework stats and you will lose stat/skill scrolls eaten, along with special hair dyes and such, but unless something has changed, the SS's will work with the new character.

14. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

The shard shields are account bound to, although since they don't work on Siege anyways...it might be possible to lock one down in your house even if you aren't the one who claimed it.

15. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I don't think we even have the option to get the Shard Shield on siege

16. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Deco ones are blackthorn rewards.