1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Veteran's Day 2010

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Demon Wind, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What is a Veteran?

A Veteran is a soldier, who's heart is brave and true, he fillingly fights the enemy just for me and you. He asks for very little and sometimes gives up his life, to save his country and our way of life. He chose to protect our country willingly, without fear of what might unfold, he fights the biggest battles for one ultimate goal. He fights for freedom, he fights for his home, he fights so that all can prosper from what our country holds. A Veteran is Our Country's greatest asset, and the nation's biggest fan. We honor all our Veterans, God Bless them to the end.
    [​IMG]

2. Mr hawk

Mr hawk Guest

Lest We Forget,

Remembrance Day for us in Canada, offering two minutes of silence at 11:00 am, to remember sacrifices members of the armed forces and civilians have made during times of war.

3. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Agreed.

However today we celebrate the 235th Birthday of the USMC. Semper Fi!

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Thank you guys and gals. We appreciate our RL dexers. :)

5. Caldwin_DDP

Caldwin_DDP Guest

I'd particularly like to thank the young heroes for picking up where us old coots left off. And I'd like to remind everyone that military service isn't about war, it's about preserving the peace.

On a side note I went to Hooters to scarf up a freebie burger. I know what you're thinking but I ran into an old friend I hadn't seen in thirty years and we sat around for an hour catching up. So, it was a great Veteran's Day!