1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Victims needed

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sweeney, Oct 22, 2008.

1. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

I was just wondering why NEW or NEW reps do not make Britain their home, as that is where all new players start (not counting this next publish). From personal experience I made a char on Siege a couple of weeks before I was totally digusted by Trammel (an early signal I suppose), and found Britain a ghost town, even in the early evening.

Not everyone reads stratics.. even a few books for newbies on the ground at the Britain inn would serve nicely, but a population would be so much better.

Personally I'd love to see the fel towns populated again, and not just seen as a a safe place to bank where pks and thieves don't usually hang out.

2. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

How strange is it that people avoid that situation you want?
    Why should [NEW] guild help you set up a killing field for you?
    I am sure the newbies have tough enough time without being set up as a victum.
    Some games like this are over with on Siege Perilous. People will just stop playing them.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

3. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

You must not know me, and are ignoring the main issue. To counter your point I am a thief, not a pk.

To counter your point further, all newbies start in Britain. Who would I be setting up.. NEW vets who are out to help new players and are wise to the tricks of thieves and pks alike? Newbies are always easy kills, no matter where you see them. You can tell by their equipment or their manner or their questions. I could always hang out at the Britain Inn and pk all newbies, but I don't.

Seeing a population around the inn will let them know that the shard is not empty.

Despite the title of the thread I want new players on Siege, in fact one of my only friends is quitting soon. And yes.. the more new players that join and stay, the more victims I will have in the end. I only mentioned NEW since that seems to be their goal, helping new players. I do encourage anyone to help newbies, and I do so myself (I do warn them that I shall steal from them in the future).

If your attitude is the prevalent one, then I doubt many people will venture onto our empty lands.

4. Feyre

Feyre Guest

Did they take out the city selection part of creating a new character?

5. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Yes all new Siege players start in Britain.. and all new Tram players start in New Haven.
    [edit] They never took out city selection, but the selection doesn't have any effect, unless it's changed in the past 3 months [/edit]

6. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Guest

I trained my character in vesper way back then. I found it to be very new-ser friendly

7. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

LOL, when I first logged into UO. I was scammed out of my new ranger armor within 3 minutes...I suppose it was signs of things to come...la

8. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I wish you well to find more victums.

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

9. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I wish more PK's would understand that :)