1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Video card problems

Discussion in 'UO Enhanced Client Discussion' started by Phangs_of_Phage, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Phangs_of_Phage

Phangs_of_Phage Journeyman

Hey guys, I just put a old Radeon 3400 series card with 512mb video memory in. All other 3d games work fine (WoW showed some graphical tearing but not much). And for each teran tile half of it is like a black triangle. The rest of the textures are fine its just the terrain. Drivers are up to date and such. Anyone got any ideas?

2. Phangs_of_Phage

NVM. There was a hotfix the autoupdates were not registering.

3. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Phangs, I just posted a thread about having the same problem with black triangles. Did your problem get fixed, and if so, how? For me it's the terrain, dungeons, luna bank floor, etc - but not inside my house. I've been playing EC with ATI Radeon HD 4200 for a while but only got the black triangles a couple weeks ago. Have not changed graphic setup but reinstalled just to make sure with no improvement. Wondering if it's because of EC updates. Thanks

4. Phangs_of_Phage

There was a hotfix for Skyrim and Diablo 3 that I installed and that fixed it. It just wasnt registering as an autoupdate.

5. Phangs_of_Phage

AMD Catalystâ„¢ 12.4a Hotfix Driver

Thats a link to it

6. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Thanks, Phangs. Even though the 4200 HD is not on the list, it solved my problem - no more dreaded black triangles!

7. Phangs_of_Phage

Yeah wierd how a hotfix for skyrim and diablo 3 fixes the EC lol