1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Video Playguide Tutorials on how to PVP

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mervyn, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Hi I'm Mervyn the pker, best mage on Europa.

I'm nearing retirement and will be releasing some videos with tips and tricks for beginners and pros. The first video is a basic setup video for beginners.

part 1 whole - YouTube[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

2. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

A lot of nice tips. A few comments though.

If you have Wireless G/N, you shouldn't notice a difference vs wired connection. Of course there are many factors such as equipment, distance and building materials which will affect your connection. But wireless is not out of the question and I ping 5 milliseconds to my router.

Setting UO to realtime in Windows is not good. It means that UO has priority over every other thing in your system, even windows functions. If you get in a huge battle your computer can slow to a crawl, UOAM/UOC won't update and even UOAssist will stop functioning. It might seem like a good idea when UO is using 20-60% CPU, but when it hits 100% no other programs on your computer will be allowed to run. I only set UO to above normal or high priority.