1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Virtue Armor Durability

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Merv DeGriff, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Guest

Has anyone managed to break thier full set of virtue armor? Just an off the wall question as I wondered how far SR 5 would carry a suit in combat.

Oh and refresh my memory, do the pieces go poof at zero, or just cease functioning?

thanks!

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The only time an SR 5 item will get damaged significantly is if you are constantly under attack by several things (i.e. parry training) or if you fight an interred grizzle or monsterous interred grizzle.

My tamer used to use a SR 3 hat and has never once had to repair it, even after fighting grizzle and losing most of the durability. He just did other things for a while and the durability returned.

And when the durability reaches zero, the max durability goes down and you get a system message for each time the max durability goes down.

In other words, it's highly unlikely that a virtue armor set will ever break.

3. Items only break when the max durability reaches zero... that is 0/0, not 0/150.

4. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

And when we say break, we mean that they dissapear from the game forever rather than cease to be functional.

5. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Guest

Thanks for the info, being playing an armor less caster for forever and forgot what SR could keep up with in terms on damage.

So the SR keeps ticking while not in combat? I thought SR only applied when hit?

Thanks for the practical info on the properties, my Chiv/Swords pally won't need to worry about being naked suddenly!

:thumbsup:

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

virtue armor is underated alot! first its blessed that alone can save you tons of money if you die alot plus its all 70 works great on thief types who die alot if I am going into a area where i know I will die i wear it! example I had some runes that I was not sure where they went to and i went in and ended up in the bottom of hythloth with the balrons almost survived but got waxed and came out rezed and had my armor and paid nothing as I was using the blessed sword I have!
    so anyway I always keep one set around for times like that!

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

as a side note I wish it would stay dyed when you have the whole set on !

8. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

The armor has to get hit for the Self Repair to work. A weapon has to "hit" for its Self Repair to work.

I think the lowest I ever got the virtue armor was between 230-240 (out of 255) training parry (that was against 9 sheep). But all the pieces were back above 245/255 after another minute or so.

Stayin Alive,

BG

9. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator

my bad I was wrong I just looked it up was thinking of something else but here is the info I found
    * When an item takes damage, the Self Repair property adds durability equal to its intensity (so SR 1 would add one point, SR 5 would add 5 points.)
    * It then sets a timer, and Self Repair doesn't go off again on that item for 60 seconds, even if the item gets damaged again.