1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Virtue-Ink Colored Bottles! New Collectable!

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Corwin, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Corwin

Corwin Guest

Yes! Thank you UO/EA! Something new to collect.
    So far I have Grey, Blue, Pink, Purple, Green and Lt. Green. I tossed one because it looked normal and maybe before the coloring patch (like the easter baskets).

Anyone else get some cool colors?

2. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

13 different colors so far for me. neon green, brown, black, burgandy, pink, neon blue, light green, dark blue, yellow, grey, dark purple, green, light purple.

Wonder how many different colors there going to be and if they will be useable as parchment (aka Book) dyes or something on those lines.

3. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

34 bottles and I dont think any of them are the same color. Plus, The garg bottles appear to be different than the human/elf bottles. The graphic is the same but garg bottles place to the left of non garg bottles.

4. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yeah pretty interesting...

But I am wondering... will we be able to put something in them??

What purpose do they serve? Just deco?

5. Gelf

Gelf Guest

Do u need them to get ink refill, when u redo quest? or do u get another bottle each time?

6. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot

guess well find out in a few mins when server comes up...

I got a new bottle (i took old one out of my pack)

7. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Each day gives you a new bottle which turns into a different colour. So you can get lots per char, assuming nobody wins for a while!

8. Alekslandr

Alekslandr Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Where do you get these bottles?

9. Outside of the name of the item, these look just like the pigments used to make natural dyes.......haven't checked yet, but ........sure looks like them.

10. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

They just appear to be a selection of random hues from, I would guess, normal dye tub hues

11. Cogniac

Cogniac Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

It was indicated that, in short, if we didn't want to win one of the Abyss plots, we shouldn't ruin the chances of people who do want them by repeatedly doing the quests.

Then they add a bunch of item rewards to the quests.

A rather baffling strategy.

12. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

My sentiments exactly. I haven't done the quests with any characters because I have no interest in a house in the Abyss and I had no desire to waste time on an item chase that, based on my past experience with the RNG, would probably have been mostly pointless.

Instead, I've spent my playing time in the last week or so finishing up tailoring and smithing and started on imbuing on five characters scattered among the shards. Now I'm on to finishing alchemy, cooking and inscription on those shards. I'm enjoying the feeling of clearing out loot I've had stashed for several years and finishing the training of some useful skills. I wish I knew which of the developers was responsible for setting the skill levels and resource requirements for gargoyle cloth armor and throwing weapons. I'd like to send them a huge "Thank You!" for making it cheaper and faster to finish tailoring and blacksmithing.

13. Martyna Zmuir

Martyna Zmuir Crazed Zealot

I'm confused why anyone is excited by a colored bottle that has NO purpose whatsoever...

This is kinda like the easter basket grass... Non stacking, unuseable, pointless deco (don't get me wrong, I like to deco...)

I'd rather be left with something that has _some_ functional use.

14. I'm color blind. They all look pretty much the same....

*shrug*

15. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

The idea is that the ink you tried isnt the right formula. As a result, youre left with the useless formula.

Also there was never any reason not to do this - I only remember it being said you could freely trade the deed if you didnt want it and that there were things to be won besides the house.

16. Corwin

Corwin Guest

I have at least 38 different colors, but I have also gotten six repeats. So no idea how many in total there are.

Why do we like them? It's fun to get a random something. Different than the day before. Collect. Compare.

17. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

18. Aroma

Aroma Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The real question. Why are they blessed after the quest? It does hint at a future use.

19. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

I think its just a decorative item like most holiday gifts..

20. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

21. Trevelyan

Trevelyan Guest

Ended. No more bottles for you!

22. Myna

Myna Guest

this will be a huge collection and a total waste of storage

the dev posted somewhere in the "ask the dev" section that

the colors are choosed randomly from the normal dye tub gump

so grey is a very comon color. i didnt count the colors in the gumb but i bet its something around 200?

i will never understand why people collect every sh.. , but everybody must find his own way to be happy