1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Virtuoso suit and basic bard skills

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Colgarra, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

Does the suit increase the chance of a successful provo attempt?

2. Adeka

Adeka Sage

I am not a pro, and I just completed my Virtuoso suit as well. But I am lead to believe that it only effects the masteries, not the basic skill. I may be wrong. :)

3. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

Actually, I think you're right, Adeka... But I'm hoping one of the Mods here or someone that knows for sure can verify what we think... Trying to figure out how I can ever Disco those dang UEV's in Shame... They have 160 bard ability, and at 120 Music/Disco I can't seem to ever disco them...

#3 Colgarra, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  4. Katrena

Katrena Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

#4 Katrena, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  5. DreadLord Lestat

DreadLord Lestat Social Media Liaison
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Stratics Legend PITMUCK

Great link! The suit gives 10% mastery bonus to your barding skill with the mastery that you have and 5% to the other bard skills. So if your mastery is prov, then you will have a 10% bonus to prov and a 5% to the other skills. You will have a 10% better chance to bard a 150 barding difficulty mob then without the suit. The pieces are imbue-able and here is a link showing some different ways to imbue it to make it more useful.

#5 DreadLord Lestat, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  6. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Just to clarify.

The virtuoso suit effect, doubles your current mastery bonus effect to use of the barding skill.
    It has no effect on the mastery abilities.
    So if you haven't completed any mastery quest, or none of your barding skills are high enough to obtain a mastery it doesn't help you.

The Mastery effect to skills, is a 10% increased success chance to the skill you have chosen mastery in, and a 5% increased success chance to your other barding skills success.

The virtuoso suit, will double that to 20%/10% respectively for the mastery skill and other skills.

Tabby Kapak likes this.
  7. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

Omg... I'm hearing something that I had not considered... And that is, using the Bard Masteries without the suit...

So I can get a 10% better chance at Provo just by using the Provo mastery, even if I'm NOT wearing the suit? And if I AM wearing the suit - AND - if I have have evoked the Provo "mastery", then I have an additional 10% chance to Provo - which increases my chances to successfully Provo something by 20% ? Is that correct?

And I can furthur increase my chances by using the proper Slayer instrument by an additional how many % ? I've got to find a Slayer instrument on Pacific...

#7 Colgarra, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Does just wearing the suit help? Or do you have to activate it? Because if my understanding is right, the bonus last for a whole ONE minute with a pretty extensive cooldown period?

9. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Petra you are correct. You do have to activate the virtuoso suit in order to receive its bonus.
    Cant remember if the slayer bonus was 20% or 10%.

10. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

So... if I'm max'd out Bard, ie. 4x120 real, with Virtuoso Suit fully activated and current Mastery is Disco - then I should see an expected 20% increase in my chance to Disco a UEV in Shame.. Correct?

And, assuming that the above IS correct, IF I have used an Air Elemental Slayer instrument to do the Disco - then, according to UOGuide: "Slayer instruments will increase your success chance by 20% when used on the creatures it is meant for." I can add to that an additional 20% chance at the Disco attempt?

If the above is correct, then if I do everything I can right - I can take my Bard there and expect to have my normal 120 real skill chance to Disco, plus an additional 40% chance from all the above... Correct?

#10 Colgarra, Mar 11, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  11. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

That sounds right. (though I've never looked at the slayer instrument code to confirm if it provides a skill bonus or a %bonus to the attempt.) The mastery and suit work as a 20% increase to the current chance.

12. Colgarra

Colgarra Journeyman

If you can I wish you would look at the code... If the UOGuide is not correct, then we should find that out...

13. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

Don't work there any more, so i have to guess at the stuff that I didnt look at.