1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vista 64-bit

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Hoffs, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Does anyone out there know if the 2d client, UOA & UOAM install/work okay on the Vista 64-bit operating system?

2. AdamD

AdamD Guest

I had it working AOK on Vista premium 64bit.

3. Infiniti

Infiniti Guest

Works great for me. :thumbup1:

4. Ericge99

Ericge99 Guest

Aye ... works fine ... just have a different way of launching it, is all.
    Simple ... right click in icon and allow.

5. Ancient Sosarian

Ancient Sosarian Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I obtained an extremely nice new system, monitor, the works, hoping only that UO/2D would run well on it.

My greatest REGRET is that I also got Vista Home Premium 64 bit for the operating system.

I have had NOTHING but problems. Unexpected Windows shut-downs, client closes, screen freezes...AAAARRRGGHHH!

I have been working with BOTH the PC Manufacturer AND Microsoft for almost 2 weeks now with NO improvement and none in sight.

I CANNOT recommend VISTA to anyone, not even an enemy, if I had any.

p.s. maybe, during a spiteful moment I could recommend Vista to EA's entire Dev Team...but even for them it's only a maybe

6. Lord Richard

Lord Richard Guest

Too bad, if you could possibly locate the manufacturers driver base for that computer for XP you could always reinstall the OS to XP...but Ill bet, they didn't build a driver base for XP computers (possibly) Microsoft wants to sell only Vista now a days. I understand the support for XP is, at this time, indefinite, but that can change.:popcorn:

7. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Thanks for replies.

8. Olahorand

Olahorand Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I use Vista almost exclusively since it's release on multiple machines - and never found any of the problems you listed. The only thing which ever brought Vista down, have been Beta versions of updates conflicting with installed drivers. There are also a few applications which crash on themself due to compatibility issues, but this has reduced over time with several fixes.

So said, either (one of?) the drivers or the system hardware itself is bugged. Check the event log, if you can find more detailed error messages there, and try the Microsoft Communities (preconfigured on Vista in Windows Mail).

You can use disk managent to reduce the size of your Vista partition.
    This would create space for installing XP (if you have a version at your hands). To get Vista back to run, you would have to use it's startup repair feature, which is offered if you boot from the DVD.
    But running XP on that PC would show you, if the hardware is the issue or the Vista drivers or Vista/Bios combo have a problem.
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!