1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vituoso Tunic cant add mage armor ... help

Discussion in 'UO Bard' started by Lord Bishop, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Lord Bishop

Lord Bishop Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I recently came back to uo and used turn in pts to collect the bard set. I left a property slot to make the tunic mage armor as I had read it was studded no basic leather armor. The revamp to armor had already taken place so I went to the mage guildmaster and he said he could not work with that material. I cant imbue it anymore due to the revamp so what the heck do I do. The suit is worthless to me without it being medable. Please help... was this an unintended and fixable oversight by the devs due to the revamp or do they think the tunic should be nonmedable (worthless?)

#1 Lord Bishop, Jul 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    startle and kRUXCg7 like this.
  2. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

I too have a bard that wants the suit to be medible... Hoping you get an answer here.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. Wolfman

Wolfman Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Did you leave the 100 points in property weight free that is required to put "mage armor" on? Some of my guild did not do it and so they cannot use it anymore....

4. Lord Bishop

Stratics Veteran

Mage armor no longer has a weight as you cannot imbue it directly you have to pay a mage guildmaster 250k to put it on the armor. You just have to leave a property slot ie not have 5 imbued prop b4 placing mage armor. But just to be safe I left over 100 pts for the tunic. I couldn't imbue it with mage armor which I expected but when the new method of the mage guildmaster failed also I was screwed.

startle and kRUXCg7 like this.
  5. startle

Can you still imbue it after having the mage guildmaster put Mage armor on (assuming it has property weight free)?

#5 startle, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Sorry, it can't be done. Tunic taken straight from clean up npc to mage guild master gets you 'I cannot modify that item'

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  7. Lord Bishop

Stratics Veteran

I realize it cant be done the question is when will they fix it? Having one pcs be non med on a suit that requires constant mana upkeep is shall we say a poor design

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  8. startle

That's unfortunate and hopefully overlooked... And hopefully to be corrected..

#8 startle, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  9. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I ran into the same problem. My solution was to make my bard a Mystic and use Focus. Without needing Med the suit works just fine. Sure it sucks for a mage bard but I'm guessing these suits were intended for Mystics if there is no way to imbue or pay for mage armor property anymore, which is fine by me.

10. startle

Not sure I understand how you can say that the Virtuoso suit, which gives Bard Mastery bonus's (which are VERY mana intensive), was meant for anyone but a Bard?

11. Lord Bishop

Stratics Veteran

Do you use the bard masteries for grp or just use the bard skill itself for single targets kind of monster spawn? I was wondering if focus could replace med but thought its to man intense to keep a bard song up. Also my voker and disco tunes are mage based :(. My reason for asking if the tunic is an oversight is the tunic could be made mage armor when the skill was imbued, but since pub 81 changed it to being placed the mage armor is no longer possible so I thought it was unintended.

12. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Clearly the bonus if the suit and being fully medable is too OP. Isnt it obvious that this would make bards so powerful as to completely eliminate the need for any other template in PvM or PvP... Thus ending UO as we know it.

In all seriousness though, I have an pre-patch imbued suit so that it was fully medable. Although it wasn't quite as utterly useless as the fisherman suit, I found very little actual noticeable benefit to wearing it. It now sits collecting dust on a mannequin in favor of a higher luck suit.

startle likes this.
  13. startle

My experience also.... Very "underdone"...