1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Void demons

Discussion in 'UO Stygian Abyss' started by uomlplayer, Sep 14, 2009.

1. uomlplayer

uomlplayer Guest

where do i find void demons?
  2. Yalp

Yalp Guest

Farmer Nash's field near Tomb of Kings. They are one of the spawn that pops when you do the quest.
  3. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2003
    Those oily looking monsters with strange names are void monsters. :)

From pub 60:

Void Plague

· An invasion of Ter Mur by creatures from the Void

· Creatures begin as small, slime-like manifestations called “Korpre” and can evolve into different void monsters based on their interactions with the environment

· A Korpre can either kill another mob, survive for a set period of time, or group together with other Korpre in order to evolve

· Evolution can create “Ortanord” void monsters as a byproduct

Killing Path

· Betballem

· Ballem

· Usagralem Ballem (mini-boss)

Grouping Path

· Anlozen

· Anlorlem

· Anlorvaglem (mini-boss)

Survival Path

· Anzuanord

· Relanord

· Vasanord (mini-boss)
  4. guum

guum Guest

Interesting...I ran into an Anlorvaglem in one of my usual hunting spots yesterday and wondered how it got there. Now I know. Not super-hard, but not a cakewalk either.
  5. Drawde2

Drawde2 Guest

Note that the wisp version, Ortanord, is NOT a void demon. They're non-agressive and have no loot. I have no idea what their purpose is.
  6. You can't use Ortanord's to train Throwing, either. My Gargoyle has 55.3 throwing skill and after fighting one for 15 minutes, it was still 55.3. I was using a really nice exceptional soul glaive, Divine Fury, and Consecrate Weapon, and I couldn't even kill the darn thing. It's spells weren't really a problem, except that it would keep healing itself when it got down to 40% health. I wasn't able to do enough damage to overcome it's healing. :(

But it's nice to know it's not a void daemon. What chance does a 55.x thrower have against any of the VDs?
  7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    Were you in melee with it? If so, your HCI penalties might have too extreme to hit it. With throwing you need to keep at the optimal distance from the target.
  8. No, not melee. I was keeping 2-5 paces from it. But the combination of my miss rate at 55 throwing skill and it's healing of self worked together to prevent me from ever killing it.

And, yes, at 55 skill you can kill normal void daemons that wander the forest NW of Ter Mur.
  9. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    Ornatords work if you're just starting out throwing - I'm gaining quickly from 40-44 so far.
  10. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jul 26, 2008
    They are also good for training beetles and other low-end pets :)