1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Void maze

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivory Norwind, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It's a empty maze, but what is it? Only a place to look around?
    And the Void Demon Area?
    Sorry but i've tried to search for the two mazes on uo-guide and on stratics but i haven't found nothing :(
    Thanks!

2. Saunders

Saunders Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The Void Demon area was the scene of famous battles to defeat the Void Demon. There was much concerted effort and much strategy involved.
    I will treasure the memories of the healing station, the armies of golems, and the virtue areas protected by massed mages casting energy fields on Europa.

3. Where is or was it? I don't remember that.

4. Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

That would be correct....... and I too fondly remember the huge effort and massive battle that occurred there. Will be one of my fondest memories of UO I think... The hard work that so many put forth to destroy the Void Shadow Demon was something I doubt I'll ever see again. I know on GL the area was still there when last I visited about a year ago.

6. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Could you please give more information on where these places are? Or more details on what you know about them? Or what you want to know about them?

I'm guessing the "void maze" you speak of is the Wisp Hive (accessed in the Wisp Dungeon), and the Void Demon area is either the 8 Saint's Tomb (aka Void Shadow Dungeon) or the ruins of Magincia.

7. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Then we have the maze in the Dojo for that Daemon of long ago

[​IMG]

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Snakeman, that was actually the unshackled daemon. If I recall correctly, the void demon looked like a black tentacle monster. As for the void dungeon, at the back of the dungeon is a wisp that you can speak with. Sahra Swift has a great page for NPC dialogue which includes the wisp.

9. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No!, :talktothehand: these places dont exist!..nothing to see here, move on folks, nothing happend!, it was all just a few weather balloon's
    :D:D:eyes::shots:

10. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It was called the Void Shadow; it was a re-hued Abyssmal Horror (the Doom thingies) that hit considerably harder and cast considerably more powerful spells.

http://www.uoguide.com/Void_Shadow

http://www.uoguide.com/Void_Shadow_Dungeon

Personally I think they should throw a champ spawn into the Void Shadow Dungeon. Invent some cool Replica with low durability, and some very rare deco piece, as a reward. Sword of the Avatar or something. Have it be a respectable PvP katana with the mage slayer property (the idea being that the Avatar used the original to slay Mondain).

Now what I'm not sure of.....Is if the original poster meant this location, or someplace else I'm not thinking of!

-Galen's player

11. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

LOL

12. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think that dungeon still has a part to play in the storyline. If I recall my Ilshenarian history, there were 8 heroes who sacrificed themselves for the people of Ilshenar. I figure that dungeon is the resting grounds for those 8 heroes. Now before this event, we had seen the dungeon on UO Map and surmised that it would one day be accessible via Reg Volom. The Devs surprised us, however. :)

13. Ivory Norwind

Ivory Norwind Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've found them in this post
    http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=104916

I've tried to go in void maze, from the wisp dungeons, but it's completrly empty.
    The void Shadow demon is the other, that in that post they call "Void Demon Area". I didn't know that they was the same, sorry.
    Can i try to go on it solo?
    It's too dangerous?
    Thanks ;)

14. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The Unshackled (he was also Ethy form) I think was in Hythloth & hued yellow when highlighted (may even still be there, I know he was about 4 months ago or so when I checked) The one here in the Dojo was a Demon but can't remember his name, have a pic but thats it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

yea he was the shackled demon while in the dojo and served some unknown female master we figured was minax at the time....after it was killed, it showed up in hythloth as its ghost or ethy form basicly and still answers to certian keywords like inu

16. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I remember stumbling upon it and thinking I'd found something new... was cool to explore though.

17. Gildar

Gildar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

*moves the Inu the Crone locations to the top of the list for things to add to the new Stratics Atlas*