1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Vollems from Crystals

Discussion in 'UO Tamer' started by FoFoCuddlyPoops, Sep 11, 2011.

1. I have opened up two vollems from crystals to use with my dexer, paladin. I'm new to the concept which was suggested to me by a friend. Playing with the vollems is fun, but is anyone else who is more familiar with this tactic have any pointers I could glean from them about using vollems in this way? -Thanks!
  2. canary

canary Guest

I am a huge fan of these vollems, btw.

They work pretty much like a nightmare (same stats, just different skin). With a human character you can Animal Lore them to see their skill progress, which is a bonus. As a dexer paladin, just keep them close so you can Close Wounds on them when they go down in hit points.
  3. Thanks for the tip! It'll help alot!:danceb:
  4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    I have a couple of these locked away in the crystals and if I am not mistaken they are insta bond? and my question is what would best character type to use them with with?
    I have
    tamer bard
    mystic mage (gargoyle) and either carries 110 fishing or 110 spellweaving (if it was not for colossus I would take it here)
    crafter (tinker,miner,smith,tailor,etc)(dont really combat much with this one but i was thinking els might be cool)
    abc archer (this one looks to be a good bet due to the distraction cannon fodder )
    bard (might be ok here but summons seem to work well)

and one character that holds a bunch of skills
    and 13 stones with skills

been trying to figure who would be best any help or ideas would be great
  5. I would go with the archer and I would use two vollems. They have no pack instinct (bummer) and use two control slots each so an archer on a mount with two of these bad boys would work well IMHO. They do cast really fast and appear to do alot of damage in a pair.
  6. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    I have two of these with my Mage, makes doing spawns real easy!
  7. Podolak

Podolak Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 18, 2008
    I am not sure if it was mentioned in another thread but these are transferable. I had a bonded Vollem from a Crystal and I x-ferred it to another character. It of course wasn't bonded but I fed it and after 7 days it did bond. Just a heads up so you know it isn't tied to one character. For a while I thought they were kind of like the Paroxy Swampy.
  8. Thanks for the advice! I too thought they were like proxy swampies in that they could not be transfered. I'm glad to hear that the vollems can be transfered between players.:danceb:
  9. Guardian KX

Guardian KX Lore Keeper

Mar 16, 2011
    Hardest part about owning these is being able to rez them thru normal means. If you want to do it yourself you need 80 lore and 80 vet minimum. They destoryed taming in the way that anyone can have 2 unridable mares in tow and have 0 taming skills. This was UO's way of "making balance" with taming by giving everyone the same power and not nerfing taming skill. ANY template can now have instant taming with these... Meanwhile the true tamer is now limited on skill VS power.

10. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 26, 2004
    Remember to feed them though! They can lose loyalty and go 'wild', which is why I have one on Atlantic, it was wandering in Luna, grey name tag, and amazingly nobody noticed it and beat me to taming it....