1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Vote! Vote! Vote!

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Petra Fyde, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

The fact that Spree missed it for days tells me I'm not pushing it hard enough

Vote the poll people, please

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=100619

The number of total votes is as important, if not more important, than which option gets most votes. Low vote numbers says 'we don't really care'.

(Although, to be honest, I think we have enough votes by now to show that's not the case.)

Lurkers! make a log in and vote!

2. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

The poll is not really worth much, as you did not make it so it was possible to see who voted what.
    Polls had always been abused here, at least on the old forum, some was able to vote more than once to get their will with a poll.
    Polls on this forum do have the feature, that the one who make the poll can choose to make the voters visible.
    I know alot do not like that, but it will show if alot make voters who are not known on the forum, could be logins only made to vote.

The thread where all posted their view on the subject is much more worth IMO.

3. Petra Fyde

You can only vote once. It is not usual to make polls so that everyone can see how people voted, it discourages some people from voting at all.

I did think about that aspect carefully before I made the poll. On balance I decided to do it the more usual way, secret ballot.

4. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Yes I can only vote once with this post id but I'm sure some know how to get around it and and and be able to make more post id's and evt. vote from work with a different id. Some will know how use other tricks to vote more times.

Yes it discourages some people from voting but people who fear to have an opinion do not really count and they can still use the feelback form to make EA know their opinion.

Fair enough, I just feel the poll is worthless but that's my opinion. I had seen to many polls being abused. This board may be better but I don't trust it.

5. Hoffs

Hoffs Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Yes, they could be abused to some extent. However, in this case it seems fairly accurate. I voted for keeping the single slot but from what I read in the discussion thread it seemed that a majority of people were in favour of having two. The poll is roughly what I would have predicted the result to be.

Also, the figures have been fairly constant throughout, which is always a good sign. And the more people that vote, the less chance there is of a few multiple votes skewing the outcome.

6. Petra Fyde

Which is why I'm being a pita about trying to get everyone to vote :)

7. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

What is a pita? I thought it was a sandwich bread...

8. Petra Fyde

Pain in the a.................... rear :lick:

9. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

10. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Oh, I saved that pic!! That is hilarious!!

11. Petra Fyde

For the benefit of anyone who's wondering, none of the wording in that image would be blocked by the Stratics filter. Try it in a post preview if you're in doubt.

12. Spree

Spree Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The problem with secret balot on stratics is some one can PM people they know that dont even play here or some one can make differnt accounts to vote. I dont know why EA cant place a ballot box in Luna Bank that a charater need to be 90 days old to vote. Then you get people that play the game and people who are banned from stratic to vote.

13. Weakling

Weakling Guest

Give me more than 1 Character slot and speed up ROT even more and I would come back to EA's UO.

14. AEowynSP

AEowynSP Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think the response speaks volumes. Look at the other shard boards only a handfull of posts in a day. Siege is a very vocal community. If there is a better way to let the devs know our feelings that will have more weight than posts (E-mails and PMs aside) let us know.

15. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

*is saddend by the number of people willing to throw one of the basic ideas behind Siege out the window*...la

16. Petra Fyde

It isn't that Rico. It's the number of things that have changed since Siege started. The skills that go to 120 instead of 100, the sheer number of skills there are now compared to then, and worse, the number that are tied together in ways that you have to have all to be effective.

Isn't it better to have 2 constant characters than 1 that has a ever-changing template through soulstones? To have a mage and a warrior rather than a character that's a mage on Monday and a warrior on Tuesday?

17. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Without hesitation...NO...la

18. Petra Fyde

Poll closes in 24 hours. I hope everyone has voted?