1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Voting Where You Live

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Modoc, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Modoc

Modoc Journeyman

As much as I would like to take credit for this idea I can't, its not mine but that of a well known and well respected player from LS. During a conversation after the recent elections she stated "Its so Simple, Just Code the Game so that you can only Vote Where You Live" Meaning to vote on a Shard you must have a House placed there. Established Residents so to speak. This makes perfect sense to me, I know of no where that a people that doesn't live in a Land have voting rights there. I certainly would'nt expect someone from California to be able to vote in Texas. Why would anyone be allowed to Vote on a Shard they don't live on? If you don't live on the Shard you have Zero vested interests there and no given right to Vote there.
    IMHO this is a perfect fix and though I am no Dev. I don't think its would be that hard to Code.

I welcome all feedback on this topic and thank you for your time

#1 Modoc, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  2. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i have developed characters and play on 15 shards, and have substantial interest on 4 of those shards.

"less interest" would probably be a better word than "zero interest"