1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Publish 97 is currently on TC1! They are currently focusing on the pet customization aspect of the pet revamp. Head to TC1 and send in your feedback or discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A new State of Stratics is up. Check it out here!
    Dismiss Notice

VvV members recalling out of active VvV towns should be forbidden!

Discussion in 'UO Vice vs Virtue' started by Lord Gandalf, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Lord Gandalf

Lord Gandalf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

VvV players who enter VvV towns shouldn't be able to recall out before the town timer ends.

All i see is stealthers stealing sigils and recalling out as soon as they smell danger using sacred journey fc4 or casting protection then recall. This is so unfair & destroys the pvp element which is supposed to be the fun part in VvV towns.

"Imagine if players could recall out from dungeon blackthorn fel, lost lands, or any other dungeons"

Players who cap VvV towns should logically obey to same rules by taking their action at their own risk, their only escape should logically be by running out of town then recalling or by reaching to the closest gate in order to find their way out.

@Kyronix

2. PwnySlaystation

PwnySlaystation Lore Keeper

I agree, this is hassle.

Infact, i think it would be best that if you are VVV and get flagged ANYWHERE you shouldn't be able to leave until your battle timer has done its cycle. (Soulstone cooldown esq)

Would stop all this nonsense.

3. Skelf

Skelf Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well damn.....you want a VvV town to simply act a big dragnet to collect targets for you and your guildies since they can't escape?

There are people who play solo or in small guilds where support isn't usually available.. When 2-3 VvV enemies turn up, there can only be one outcome if you have to stay and fight multiple opponents. Personally, if I am in the mood, I try, in most circumstances, to stay and fight 1 v 1. I usually lose..but sheesh...its all experience and I do lose less often now. Or at least not as quickly..One day I may not be the worst PvP'er on Europa.;p

How can you really justify not allowing players to try and escape overwhelming opposition? I'm taking stealthers out of this entirely since their whole template is essentially designed to do just that and they have every right to play to their template.

4. Lord Gandalf

They can simply run out of town and recall, dont u do the same thing in dungeons and why dont u cry about it?

5. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I agree with the OP, a VvV town should be handled like a fel dungeon.

6. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

But to a stealther stealing sigils pvp ISN'T the fun part, it's stealing the thing under your noses and getting away with it. Believe it or not I've done a bit of sigil stealing since vvv came in - I have runes marked around the outskirts of most towns. When I recall away I'm often only going to the other side of town to sneak back in again :D

7. Lord Gandalf

[​IMG]

8. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Maybe, and then again ... :D

Lord Gandalf likes this.