1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wait, why do Bushido and Ninjitsu count toward the special move mana reduction...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

But not Chivalry? Why Stealth and Lumberjacking? Chivalry seems more like a warrior skill than those two to me, and just as much a warrior skill as Bushido or Ninjitsu.

2. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I've tried making that argument as well, but the Devs consider Chivalry a spellcaster skill, at least based on their reply a few months back.

Now, though, that they've made the PvP tweaks, totally messed over chivalry for the non-PvPers, and grouped a BUNCH of stuff together to affect SDI to discourage hybrid templates....

How about it, guys (and Mesanna)? Currently, the only way to reach 300 points in the special move cost reduction for a Chivalry user is to either have 60 points wasted in a second weapon skill, be a poisoner or lumberjacker (wasted for most weapons, plus th karma hit for poison), or have points in a skill that will screw over that SDI cap bonus for PvP.

I've gone into much better detail elsewhere on Stratics about this, but it should be self evident. Samurai and Ninja were DESIGNED to get to -10 cost reduction as the character is finished with just the base template.

Give us Chivalry on the cost reduction list, or let people have Human as a viable race option again by restoring the JOAT you took away in the name of "PvP balance" that only caused most of those still playing human to convert to elves.

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I can understand why chiv is a considered a casting skill. But I cannot understand why healing is not. It is dex and anatomy dependent which are typical warrior skills and attributes. Healing would have my vote to add to the list.

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

when was the last time you cast a bandaging spell?

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Petra, I think Obsidian meant why it wasn't a special move cost reduction skill.

But, to play devil's advocate or your interpretation, do note that attacks on the user reduce the effectiveness of the heal, if the damage is over a certain amount. In some ways that is analogous to caster interruption, as it takes special effects (HLA, evasion, mirror image, paralysis, etc.), not normal attacks, to interrupt an actual combat action. This makes Healing's operation closer in effect to casting spells than combat skill use.

6. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Bushido has heal and ninjitsu has animal forms that constantly heal.

That said, the some of the latest nerfs were deliberate to make it harder and extend the time to grind for items, so that p(l)ayers will keep p(l)aying longer. So dont expect lmc reductions.

7. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

i have to agree about this.. my bushido thrower can never get 300 pts..

the way they have it setup, you either have parry and busido or ninja and stealth to get to 300 pts..

they are missing chiv and healing.

i wouldnt say add tactics and anatomy as every warrior has those and that wouldnt make it special.

8. WildWobble

WildWobble Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Acctually bush and ninja have no healing they have massive hp regen its diffrent!

ps:

why bother with it just get 40 lmc on gear so simple now days with imbue anyhow

9. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Because you should be able to take advantage of the mana reduction as well? And it's a huge difference too.

As it is now, there's really no reason to play a straight warrior/paladin rather than a samurai. This wouldn't totally solve that problem, but it could help a little at least.