1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wammy Template Tweak

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Obsidian, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I was thinking about optimizing the Wammy template and this question came to mind. The only spell and necro-capability I plan to use with my Wammy is Wraith Form... so why would I have 100 necro on the template?

So here is the recommended Wammy template:

120 Wep Skill
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    100 Tactics
    100 Spirit Speak
    100 Necro
    60 Chiv

Why not modify it to this:

120 Wep Skill
    120 Bushido
    120 Parry
    120 Tactics (+20)
    100 Spirit Speak
    30 Necro (-70)
    60 Chiv
    50 Anatomy (+50)

I realize this removes the ability to swap easily between skills (i.e. swapping 100 ss, 100 anatomy, and 100 resisting spells as required). But for a specialized template it seems to me this would garner a greater mana leech per hit by increasing damage. Or does necro play a role in deciding the amount of mana one leeches (I'm pretty sure it doesn't). Also, I'm assuming an elf character or I would just use ring/brace/bloodwood spirit to cast Wraith Form and then JOAT would keep my wraith form with 0 necro skill.

Just looking for your thoughts. I have two separate characters... one a pure Sampire w/120 mace and the other a Wammy w/115 swords. I plan to use both until I get the templates down and can settle on one.

-OBSIDIAN-

2. von Beck

von Beck Guest

Yes, I agree that the whammy template that Connor often posts can be successfully optimized in different directions. I have a similar (but different) whammy template optimized for doing rat spawns.

120 Maces
    120 Archery
    100 Bush
    100 Tactics
    100 Resist
    100 Spirit Speak
    40 Necro (20 real + 20 from Midnight Bracers)
    60 Chiv

Ratmen don't really hit for much damage so I dropped parry for archery. Comp bow / wraith / armor ignore / lit strike is awesome for killing Barracoon.

I have 40 necro so that I can cast Curse Weapon with 100% success rate. That's a lifesaver when curse weapon runs out and you're surrounded by rat mages and lucky to re-cast it without interruption. So I don't reckon JOAT necro would really cut it. But I agree 100 necro is too much unless you really want to use other necro spells (wither might be handy).

3. von Beck

von Beck Guest

PS: I currently have 4 dexxers --- 2 sampires, one ABC archer and one whammy/archer. The sampires are the exact template that Connor posts (always with resist) --- can't improve on that template! Since I have other dexxers I can afford to keep this whammy archer optimized specifically for ratspawn --- when the character is weak in most other situations. So you might find its worth keeping both your sampire and whammy and use them for different situations.

4. GFY

GFY Guest

*Psst*

Get yourself a very good repond slayer mace weapon and Barracoon won't last 2 minutes!